• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Remodeling Project

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Interests' started by rockytopva, Oct 15, 2015.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,151
    Pentecostal
    Single
    My grandmother passed away in 2009 leaving me with a hundred year old house that was in bad shape. I have been remodeling these last five years and am just about through. It was a lot of work but sure looks nice!

The first thing I had to do was to raise the old house and put it on a solid foundation...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then remodel out from there...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also put some buildings in the back yard...

[​IMG]

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,246
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Great job!!!

3. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Well-Known Member

+624
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Congrats!

Remodeling an old house is a bit like owning a Harley. You're never more than $1000 away from being "done."

4. LeroyBerry

LeroyBerry New Member

+0
    Christian
    Single
    Great job! Remodeling your house can be quite a task! I recently got sidings installed at my house and the entire process took more time than expected as you have to pay attention to each detail about this. But then at the end my house looks better than before and worth all the efforts!

5. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,246
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Praying all is well.....may you and your dwelling be mightily blessed. :)

6. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,151
    Pentecostal
    Single
    This afternoons scene outside my living room window...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,036
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Interesting; and there are many TV shows about house renovations as well.

8. SpunkyDoodle

SpunkyDoodle Well-Known Member

+226
    Baptist
    Married
    Beautiful!

I did the same with something I bought a few years before that. Work on updates from time to time.

9. Greengardener

Greengardener for love is of God Supporter

+177
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm in the middle of a remodeling project and sometimes it feels like I've spent my whole life just getting this far with it. Lol, it's only really been the last 10 years or so. Hopefully I can finish by the time I retire. Still have some wall, cabinet, hardwood floor work. Have learned to plumb, wire, and even spray insulation. Stone work later. Sympathetic remarks appreciated. The view from Rockytopva's porch is encouraging.

10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,029
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I think these should be classed the song that doesn’t end! I’m undergoing a decluttering project that’s morphed into redecorating and there are moments when I close my eyes to forget. ~lol

There’s so much to do and one change begets another. ;-)