United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Barachot v'Shalom Mishpocha,

Something wonderful has happened. Adonai has shown me something amazing - again. I was reminiscing about something He showed me long ago. Then He did a new thing. And another. And another! He showed me something wonderful, something I had never heard of before. So I wanted to share it with you. This all started with my wife and what she did. So we'll start there.

It was years ago now. My wife Shirley, being the very tender-hearted soul that she is, was devastated when she first learned that Christmas may not be the anniversary of the birth of Messiah! Anyway, she came home from Service and unbeknownst to me, went to the bedroom and threw herself on her face before the Lord, sobbing and begging forgiveness for having taught error to the children. During her prayers, she asked He show me the true birthday of Messiah Y'shua. She wanted for me to be able to explain it to her in detail. But she didn't tell me any of this until later. She only told me after I revealed what happened to me the following morning.

During that time I had been building a study of 'Sevens' in scripture and spent most of my time in Torah and researching academic and linguistic sources to confirm my findings. But the morning directly after her prayer, I sat down to study and my scriptures literally fell open to the 1st chapter of Book of Luke. It seemed unusual and I recall getting the distinct impression that I needed to read it. I felt His presence. So I did.

Have you ever been 'in the Spirit', where certain words or sections of the text seemed to lift up off the page? I felt like I was being led by the hand and things were being 'explained'. It's really hard to describe. But this - was that.

This post will be lengthy as it is, so I'm skipping over the first 23 verses about '...Zeḵaryah, of the division of Aḇiyah. And his wife (...) Elisheḇa.' I'm sure you are all familiar with the story. So here is verse 24, et al.:
ISR 1998, 'The Scriptures', Luke, Chapter 1, verses 24-56:
24 And after those days his wife Elisheḇa conceived. And she hid herself five months, saying, 25 “יהוה has done this for me, in the days when He looked upon me, to take away my reproach among men.” 26 And in the sixth month the messenger Gaḇri’ĕl was sent by Elohim to a city of Galil named Natsareth, 27 to a maiden engaged to a man whose name was Yosĕph, of the house of Dawiḏ. And the maiden’s name was Miryam.
Christian commentators have long contended that the phrase, 'in the sixth month', refers to Elisheba's pregnancy. However, there is nothing definitive about that assumption. It is simply an assumption and has no other context applied to reach that conclusion. It just doesn't seem that anyone considered that the phrase 'in the sixth month' might just mean 'in the sixth month' (of the year). Don't you think that strange? I believe Luke was dating the visitation of Miryam for Theophilos' sake, considering the larger context of the letter and the practices of Messiah's talmidim (disciples).

They never used Babylonian or Canaanite lunar months names or Roman names for days of the week. They are names of false gods. So they simply used numbers, e.g., 5th day of the 10th month. That would be consistent with this context. So let's consider that moving forward.
28 And the messenger, coming to her, said, “Greetings, favoured one, the Master is with you. Blessed are you among women!” 29But she was greatly disturbed at his word, and wondered what kind of greeting this was. 30 And the messenger said to her, “Do not be afraid, Miryam, for you have found favour with Elohim. 31 “And see, you shall conceive in your womb, and shall give birth to a Son, and call His Name יהושע. 32 “He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High. And יהוה Elohim shall give Him the throne of His father Dawiḏ. 33 “And He shall reign over the house of Ya‛aqoḇ forever, and there shall be no end to His reign.”
Now notice what Miryam says.
34 And Miryam said to the messenger, “How shall this be, since I do not know a man?” 35 And the messenger answering, said to her, “The Set-apart Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow you. And for that reason the Set-apart One born of you shall be called: Son of Elohim. 36 “And see, Elisheḇa your relative, she has also conceived a son in her old age. And this is now the sixth month to her who was called barren, 37 because with Elohim no matter shall be impossible.” 38 And Miryam said, “See the female servant of יהוה! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the messenger went away from her.
Miryam asked, “How shall this be...”, but the answer revealed not just how, but also when. He could have easily said when The Set-apart Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow you...” So, does this event ('the Set-apart Spirit shall come upon you') happen soon and is it noted in adjacent scripture? Well yes, it does. Assuming this occurs at the end of the 6th month or the beginning of the 7th month, this starts to make sense. We might also note how many weeks are in 6 lunar months, a little over 24, the number of week in a full rotation of the priestly order.

If we are considering that Luke was referring to the 6th month (of the year), we should also consider that this is the time of 'teshuva'; a time of repentance, fasting, prayer, supplications and the healing of relationships with both man and Elohim, prior to Yom Teruah, the Days of Awe and Yom Kippur.

We might also want to consider the Moedim as having special significance to the ministry of Messiah Y'shua. For instance, we know that He was called, 'The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world', and 'The Firstfruits of the resurrection', so it makes sense that we should examine the other appointed times for similar relationships. How many times were Messiah or His Talmidim reported as saying that He did this or that, so that scripture would be fulfilled? We really should look a bit closer at these matters...
39 And Miryam arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Yehuḏah, 40 and entered into the house of Zeḵaryah and greeted Elisheḇa. 41 And it came to be, when Elisheḇa heard the greeting of Miryam, that the baby leaped in her womb. And Elisheḇa was filled with the Set-apart Spirit, 42 and called out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 “And who am I, that the mother of my Master should come to me? 44 “For look, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 “Blessed is she who believed, for that which יהוה has said to her shall be accomplished!”
The Set-Apart Spirit was with Miryam as she greeted her cousin, Elisheba. Notice the exchange between them. Elisheba had supernatural knowledge not only of Miryam's pregnancy, but also Who she carried within her! It is only through the Set Apart Spirit that Elisheba knew to pay homage to her Lord and King!
46And Miryam said, “My being makes יהוה great, 47and my spirit has rejoiced in Elohim my Saviour. 48“Because He looked on the humiliation of His female servant. For look, from now on all generations shall call me blessed. 49“For He who is mighty has done wonders for me, and set-apart is His Name. 50“And His compassion is from generation to generation, to those who fear Him. 51“He did mightily with His arm, He scattered the proud in the thought of their hearts. 52“He brought down rulers from their thrones, and exalted the lowly. 53“He has filled the hungry with good items, and the rich He has sent away empty. 54“He sustained Yisra’ĕl, His servant, in remembrance of His compassion, 55as He spoke to our fathers, to Aḇraham and to his seed, forever.” 56And Miryam stayed with her about three months, and returned to her home.
How thoroughly these words speak to the student of His Word and to a people waiting on their Messiah.

The first thing I noticed is that, 'Zeḵaryah, of the division of Aḇiyah' was conspicuously absent when Miryam, his wife's cousin, came to care for Elisheba as she was both stricken in years and well advanced with child. It is known that the priestly orders follow a strict 24 week course whose rotation is independent from the solar calendar. But because a lunar month has 29.5 days and 4 weeks (or 7s) equals 28 days, the priestly order loses (1.5x6) 9 days in each cycle. Should the events early in Luke 1 have happened during Pesach, that would put 'Zeḵaryah, of the division of Aḇiyah' back in the Mishkan around Yom Teruah. Just sayin'.

But why did Miryam depart for Ein Karem, 'with haste'? Perhaps because Yom Teruah was approaching and caravans to the area were booked in advance. She certainly would not travel all the way from Natsareth alone. The countryside was the realm of desperate men and fugitives, victims of Herod's oppressive taxations or brutal verdicts. Or perhaps she knew her elderly and very pregnant cousin would be alone while her husband completed his Temple service. Perhaps she departed 'with haste' at the urging of the Set Apart Spirit, that she might arrive at the Appointed Time? We don't really know - yet.

As I mused about all of these matters, I was also trying to reconstruct my lost research on Sevens. There seemed to be some overlap, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. So I started counting weeks (sevens) and seeing where it might lead. I also started re-examining the Moed again and that is where some things started to click.

Yom Teruah is the Seventh new moon of the year, it is the Moed that can only begin by the sighing of the 'horned moon' or the first sliver of the new moon, hence the term, the 'Day and Hour No Man Knows but the Father'. The Moedim are times when we are to 'meet' with Elohim, each Appointed Time with a different theme and purpose. And we are admonished not to come before Him 'empty' (as in empty-handed). But it's not just that. Because everything with the Father is about matters of the heart too.

Concerning Yom Teruah, OneForIsrael offers this observation:
Shofars and trumpets in Scripture have many connotations and are mentioned almost 80 times in different contexts: summoning the tribes to the door of the tabernacle, getting ready to up-tents and move on, as a warning, an announcement, inaugurating a new king, building, event or era, as a battle cry, a victory shout or the sound of rejoicing… Through the sound of the shofar, God calls His people to turn their minds and attention back to Him, back to heavenly matters.

Now let me back up a moment.
  1. We are examining a letter to 'most excellent Theophilos' about the earthly life and ministry of Messiah Y'shua.
  2. The story of Zeḵaryah, of the division of Aḇiyah and his wife Elisheḇa, and all the attendant miracles of those events.
  3. Then the visitation of the betrothed maiden Miryam by Gaḇri’ĕl and the announcement of the miracles to come by the hand of Elohim.
  4. Then the hasty departure for Ein Karem near Jerusalem and the meeting between Miryam and her cousin to Elisheba and the subsequent miraculous events and prophetic utterances that occurred there.
  5. We are reading of the one coming in the spirit of the prophet, saying, "A voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of יהוה, make His paths straight..." and who said, "Behold the Lamb slain from the foundations of the world!" and of the conception and birth of the Messiah!
Could this message be any more important, exciting or joyous? Look at what these stories all share; they share a theme of miracles, conceptions and pregnancies. So maybe I should ask a few questions about these topics, like how long is a healthy, miraculous, perfect pregnancy? Turns out it's 40 weeks. So I took a leap of faith and started counting weeks.

Since we are very near a Moed (Yom Teruah), just for grins I started counting there and ended up in the middle of nowhere in terms of Appointed Times. But then I had another thought. What if its a year with an intercalary month (a leap year)? Bingo! I found something!

Now before we get bogged down in a heavy-duty calendar controversy, let me just say this. I am not an expert on calendars. This need some independent investigation. So I'm not saying that it DID happen. But I am saying that it COULD have happened. But only in certain circumstances, where the Day of Week structure correctly align with Pesach and thus starting the Omer at the right time, the conception COULD have happened on Yom Teruah and the birth COULD have happened on Shavuot. But miracles are our Father's purview!

Think of that for a moment. The Conception on the 'Day and Hour that No Man Knows but the Father', a Day of Joyous Shouting, a Day of Auspicious Announcements, followed on Shavuot by the Birth of the Word Made Flesh that Came Down to Dwell with Man on the anniversary of when Elohim first gave the Word to His Chosen children at Sinai.

When I had occasion to revisit all these things recently, His Spirit took me back to the beginning, to the days of Creation and showed me something about that too. That has since changed the way I see many thing in scripture, because of what He show me there. But my hands are tired and my neuropathy is bothering me, so I am going to stop here. However, I'll show you something really amazing in part 2 of this post that ultimately ties everything together.

I do hope this blesses you...

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟129,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PART 2, Reminiscing; Sevens and Messiah
Days of Creation - a Thematic View
Just so you know, this topic will have many more posts (or parts if you prefer). I ask for your patience as I am reproducing this from memory and I will
endeavor to construct it to conform to an orderly matrix, that it might assist me in my recall and you with your understanding.

The aim of this initial portion is to examine each day of Creation for themes that are faithfully reproduced within other notable 'Sevens' in scripture. We are looking for information that can be confirmed by comparing the 'Firsts' with other 'Firsts' and 'Seconds' with other 'Seconds', etc., et al.

Primarily, we will work on identifying relationships between certain groups of 'Sevens'. My initial focus will be on those groups that comprise the plan of Salvation; re: returning Man to the Garden and a right relationship with Elohim. So you may first expect to find our initial cursory comparisons to be applied to many prominent 'Sevens' found in Bereshith.

Properly completed, with each segment confirming the others, this will ultimately serve as a freestanding commentary authored by the Master, that can be overlaid onto other stories where similar sets of seven are hidden within the text or vice versa, where more obscure 'Sevens' inform the Days of Creation, etc. To that end, I will provide examples.

First, we will start by analyzing the Days of Creation, one day per post, each with a condensed summary and a detailed commentary to facilitate 1) cursory comparisons or 2) a more thorough analysis.

Finally, I ask for your sincere prayers that the Set Apart Spirit of Elohim will strengthen our spirits in peacefulness, inform our minds and illuminate this path; and that He grant us discernment in this worthy task and protections from all unrighteousness. Halleluyah and Amen!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Started this reply several times. Before I can post it disappears. It's preparation day so I'll be busy. I may have to write elsewhere and paste it here. Blessings!

NEW-> Working on it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have resurrected an old thread of mine => MJ Only - Revelation and the Yom Kippur Temple Service

Everything I have offered here is directly linked to the work offered in that thread. All of these various topics are not exclusively linear. Indeed, many aspects of this study are best considered divorced from scriptural chronology and viewed as a matrix; and this to better understand the chronological aspects of the story of redemption. The deeper I go in this direction, the more I am reminded that, 'He declares the end from the beginning.'

This will be my last post in this particular thread.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would sure mess with the Messiah's ministry start date and 3 1/2 year ministry.

Hence Dear Sister, "All of these various topics are not exclusively linear. Indeed, many aspects of this study are best considered divorced from scriptural chronology and viewed as a matrix; and this to better understand the chronological aspects of the story of redemption."

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not of the 3 1/2 year crowd
Nor am I in the classic sense. But my understanding is still in a state of flux. Haven't quite sussed it all out yet...

Upvote 0