Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Nope. Yeshua is the church. The RC added Catholic to lie to everyone that it was the only way. The way of Rome is often toward hell, unless a truly redeemed priest changes the words of heresy coming from the vatican.

God's word is solely sufficient to draw us to Yeshua.
Out of curiosity, where did the Bible come from?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Read some history books and get back to us.
Note that there are no other books in all antiquity that were so well preserved.
*Looks at shelf of text books from Early Christian History.* I think I'm good. And there are plenty of books which are just as well preserved. My point is that the Bible was not just given to us as a complete book. It was compiled. If the Church could be trusted to compile Scripture, why is it hard to believe that they could be right on other things. It is impossible to truly be Sola Scriptura because even the canon of Scripture is determined by tradition.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
*Looks at shelf of text books from Early Christian History.* I think I'm good. And there are plenty of books which are just as well preserved. My point is that the Bible was not just given to us as a complete book. It was compiled. If the Church could be trusted to compile Scripture, why is it hard to believe that they could be right on other things. It is impossible to truly be Sola Scriptura because even the canon of Scripture is determined by tradition.
Not even close, when we are talking about antiquity. Try again.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Not even close, when we are talking about antiquity. Try again.
There are texts that are just as old as the oldest portions of Scripture that are just as well preserved. Several Vedas, the I Ching and Shijing, the Iliad. If you go with other portions of the Hebrew Scriptures there are even more works.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
There are texts that are just as old as the oldest portions of Scripture that are just as well preserved. Several Vedas, the I Ching and Shijing, the Iliad. If you go with other portions of the Hebrew Scriptures there are even more works.
Once again...nope. The Iliad is closest but a far, far, far distant second.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Arcangl86 is correct. There are works that we have that are older than the Biblical contents. Nobody questions the translations of such books, regardless of how old or recent the manuscripts are. He's also right that the Bible was compiled, and lots of books were left out. Who decided? Men. Men inspired by God. So here's the question: If we believe that men inspired by God were trustworthy to compile the Bible, why wouldn't we believe that there are other men inspired by God to continue the Church Christ instituted? Who is it that determines that? Well, Scripture determines it. If something contradicts Scripture, it's not of God. If something does not contradict Scripture, and it is about faith and morals, and it is authored by someone we believe inspired, it's good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vincejohnson

Dec 13, 2017
austin
✟17,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do people really celebrate mass murder?

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

The eight-day festival of Passover is celebrated in the early spring, from the 15th through the 22nd of the Hebrew month of Nissan, April 10–18, 2017.

Passover (Pesach) 2018 - In 2018, Passover will be celebrated from March 30-April 7

Passover (called Pesach in Hebrew) is one of the most important holidays in Judaism. It commemorates the escape of the Jews from slavery in Egypt, and is celebrated either in March or April, depending on the dates in the Hebrew Calendar.\ How to Celebrate Passover

Once again, I ask Do people really celebrate mass murder?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
At the Passover Seder meal, during the part when the 10 plagues are recounted, participants remove one drop of wine from their cups for each plague. This represents the fact that the people's joy in their deliverance is decreased because of human suffering.

Upvote 0