Kemosabe
Sep 23, 2012
Rolling Stone
✟20,703.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 5:17-20. Catholics and Protestants alike think they can get out of the Feasts, and the law because of a few passages Paul wrote, but The Lord says it time and again, they are HIS feasts, and His law. The Great and Terrible day of The Lord will weed out the goats from the sheep. Great for those who follow him, and terrible for those who don't. Yeshua came to end the corruption in the Temple, and became the Sacrificial Lamb of Passover, not the ham of easter. Yeshua never ate pork at all. He sent demons into a herd of pigs whom comitted sueycide. Yeshua kept the Feasts, and taught men so as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Except that that is exactly why Baptism saves you...
Where does it say they were adults. It was the Church at Colossae, which presumably contained men, women and children. But since baptism is the new circumcision, which usually happened to infants, it stands.
You need to study the rites. In every sacrament, the priest invokes the Holy Spirit to do His work.

It's a lie to tell people that once they're saved, they're always saved. Those OSAS folks need to stop lying to their parishioners.

1. Baptism doesn't save. Your verse actually proves it if you ever attempt to read it in context.
2. You're desperately working to create something from thin air in Colossae. Tell me, is there any instance of adults being circumcised in the Bible? (Hint: Moses)
3. No one needs the lucky charms of your priests for their salvation. Humans never "invoke" the Holy Spirit with their charms and amulets. Never. God is Sovereign and he is not invoked by some magic ceremony.
4. I tell people that God is Sovereign and God adopts whom He wills. I tell people that God has promised to be with His adopted children and that He will never leave them nor forsake them. Why do I say this? Because the Bible says this.
I never use the phrase "Once saved, always saved". That's your simplistic term. I ask if God is capable of caring for his sheep. I ask if people have responded to the Shepherd's (Yeshua's) voice and repented of their sin. The proof of salvation is the perseverance of the saints throughout their sanctification. God knows His children. God will never let them go.
That being said, there are many sheep who are trying to imitate God's sheep without ever heating his voice. They have all the ceremonies that make them look good, but they would never know Yeshua's voice calling them. They follow another shepherd who will lead people to hell. They trust in their ceremonies and priests, but never have met their Savior.
God is faithful. He will do what He wills. The question is: Will I trust Him and trust His word?

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 5:17-20. Catholics and Protestants alike think they can get out of the Feasts, and the law because of a few passages Paul wrote, but The Lord says it time and again, they are HIS feasts, and His law. The Great and Terrible day of The Lord will weed out the goats from the sheep. Great for those who follow him, and terrible for those who don't. Yeshua came to end the corruption in the Temple, and became the Sacrificial Lamb of Passover, not the ham of easter. Yeshua never ate pork at all. He sent demons into a herd of pigs whom comitted sueycide. Yeshua kept the Feasts, and taught men so as well.

Yeshua did one thing beyond your statement. Yeshua didn't just keep the feasts, he fulfilled the feasts. He is the fulfillment that brought in the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1. Baptism doesn't save. Your verse actually proves it if you ever attempt to read it in context.
Yawn.
2. You're desperately working to create something from thin air in Colossae. Tell me, is there any instance of adults being circumcised in the Bible? (Hint: Moses)
I am not 'desparately' doing anything. Catholicism is true. The End. Of course adults were circumcised. So were infants. And since our Church teaches us what baptism IS, we baptize both adults and children.
3. No one needs the lucky charms of your priests for their salvation. Humans never "invoke" the Holy Spirit with their charms and amulets. Never. God is Sovereign and he is not invoked by some magic ceremony.[/quote] Actually, there are many indications in Scripture that the bishops invoked the Holy Spirit.
4. I tell people that God is Sovereign and God adopts whom He wills. I tell people that God has promised to be with His adopted children and that He will never leave them nor forsake them. Why do I say this? Because the Bible says this.
I never use the phrase "Once saved, always saved". That's your simplistic term. I ask if God is capable of caring for his sheep. I ask if people have responded to the Shepherd's (Yeshua's) voice and repented of their sin. The proof of salvation is the perseverance of the saints throughout their sanctification. God knows His children. God will never let them go.
That being said, there are many sheep who are trying to imitate God's sheep without ever heating his voice. They have all the ceremonies that make them look good, but they would never know Yeshua's voice calling them. They follow another shepherd who will lead people to hell. They trust in their ceremonies and priests, but never have met their Savior.
God is faithful. He will do what He wills. The question is: Will I trust Him and trust His word?
God adopts whomever asks, seeks and knocks. They're also allowed to turn back to their former ways. We believe that God works in our presence today. Seems you believe he does it by remote control. And God will let go of His children, if they desire something other than Him.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Yawn. I am not 'desparately' doing anything. Catholicism is true. The End. Of course adults were circumcised. So were infants. And since our Church teaches us what baptism IS, we baptize both adults and children.
3. No one needs the lucky charms of your priests for their salvation. Humans never "invoke" the Holy Spirit with their charms and amulets. Never. God is Sovereign and he is not invoked by some magic ceremony.
Actually, there are many indications in Scripture that the bishops invoked the Holy Spirit.
God adopts whomever asks, seeks and knocks. They're also allowed to turn back to their former ways. We believe that God works in our presence today. Seems you believe he does it by remote control. And God will let go of His children, if they desire something other than Him.[/QUOTE]
If only you had biblical support for your fantasy teachings...

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, there are many indications in Scripture that the bishops invoked the Holy Spirit.
God adopts whomever asks, seeks and knocks. They're also allowed to turn back to their former ways. We believe that God works in our presence today. Seems you believe he does it by remote control. And God will let go of His children, if they desire something other than Him.
If only you had biblical support for your fantasy teachings...[/QUOTE]
Who says we need only the Bible? Where's that in the Bible? Which came first, the Church, or the Bible?

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
If only you had biblical support for your fantasy teachings...

Who says we need only the Bible? Where's that in the Bible? Which came first, the Church, or the Bible?
God's word came first. God's word came before the RC. The RC is just one church in Rome, it is no greater than the church at Ephesus, Corinth or Roseville. Time for you to get over your pride in a flawed church that had done great damage over the centuries.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God's word came first. God's word came before the RC. The RC is just one church in Rome, it is no greater than the church at Ephesus, Corinth or Roseville. Time for you to get over your pride in a flawed church that had done great damage over the centuries.
God's Word instituted the Catholic Church, who decided what constituted the "Bible". The Catholic Church consists of Churches in every city in the world, just about. There's the Church of Oakland, San Francisco, New York, and so on. At the time of the Church of Ephesus, it was part of the Catholic Church. We speak of particular churches as Dioceses.
I guess you believe your denomination isn't flawed??? I've never denied that the institution of the Catholic Church is flawed. But the Church is Holy because Christ is Holy. And Perfect. Christ didn't institute nuttin flawed. AND he trusted flawed men to carry it forth.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
God's Word instituted the Catholic Church, who decided what constituted the "Bible". The Catholic Church consists of Churches in every city in the world, just about. There's the Church of Oakland, San Francisco, New York, and so on. At the time of the Church of Ephesus, it was part of the Catholic Church. We speak of particular churches as Dioceses.
I guess you believe your denomination isn't flawed??? I've never denied that the institution of the Catholic Church is flawed. But the Church is Holy because Christ is Holy. And Perfect. Christ didn't institute nuttin flawed. AND he trusted flawed men to carry it forth.
Wrong. God's word never instituted an individual church. Not once. Not ever. You are completely wrong.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wrong. God's word never instituted an individual church. Not once. Not ever. You are completely wrong.
God's Word, Jesus Christ, instituted one Universal Church (that's Catholic to you!), in Matthew 16:18-20. Regardless of how you interpret what Jesus said to Peter, he said he would build His Church upon the Rock. One Church, not 30,000 churches.
You're the one who's wrong. Big time. Not only that, but in John 17, Jesus prayed that His Church would remain One. 2000 years later, there is still only one Universal (Catholic) Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
God's Word, Jesus Christ, instituted one Universal Church (that's Catholic to you!), in Matthew 16:18-20. Regardless of how you interpret what Jesus said to Peter, he said he would build His Church upon the Rock. One Church, not 30,000 churches.
You're the one who's wrong. Big time. Not only that, but in John 17, Jesus prayed that His Church would remain One. 2000 years later, there is still only one Universal (Catholic) Church.
Yeshua is the church. That's not Roman...especially when the church at Rome went so far astray from God's word.
Time to admit the Church at Rome is extremely flawed and has Jezebel living at the Vatican.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeshua is the church. That's not Roman...especially when the church at Rome went so far astray from God's word.
Time to admit the Church at Rome is extremely flawed and has Jezebel living at the Vatican.
I didn't use the word Roman, you did. The Catholic Church is the Church Christ instituted. The Catholic Church never went astray from God's Word. Individuals did, but not the Church.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I didn't use the word Roman, you did. The Catholic Church is the Church Christ instituted. The Catholic Church never went astray from God's Word. Individuals did, but not the Church.
Nope. Yeshua is the church. The RC added Catholic to lie to everyone that it was the only way. The way of Rome is often toward hell, unless a truly redeemed priest changes the words of heresy coming from the vatican.

God's word is solely sufficient to draw us to Yeshua.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nope. Yeshua is the church. The RC added Catholic to lie to everyone that it was the only way. The way of Rome is often toward hell, unless a truly redeemed priest changes the words of heresy coming from the vatican.

God's word is solely sufficient to draw us to Yeshua.
Where, in the Bible, does it say "Yeshua is the Church". In that case, Matthew 16:18-20 should read Upon this rock I will build my Yeshua? The "RC" did nothing of the sort. You wouldn't know what "truly redeemed" is, I fear.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Where, in the Bible, does it say "Yeshua is the Church". In that case, Matthew 16:18-20 should read Upon this rock I will build my Yeshua? The "RC" did nothing of the sort. You wouldn't know what "truly redeemed" is, I fear.
It does. The rock in that passage is Yeshua. Peter, who has zero affiliation to the pope, is one little rock that Yeshua used to build his church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It does. The rock in that passage is Yeshua. Peter, who has zero affiliation to the pope, is one little rock that Yeshua used to build his church.
So it says, literally "Upon this Yeshua I will build my Yeshua?" And stop using Jack Chick as your source...

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
So it says, literally "Upon this Yeshua I will build my Yeshua?" And stop using Jack Chick as your source...
Do you read every word literally in the Bible? No wonder you miss the context in nearly every reference you share.
Look at the structure of the Greek in that passage and get back to us. Your reading is way off.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you read every word literally in the Bible? No wonder you miss the context in nearly every reference you share.
Look at the structure of the Greek in that passage and get back to us. Your reading is way off.
Where do you get your context? That's where the problem is. I get mine from those who learned from the apostles. You get yours from someone 1500 years removed from the apostles.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
By the way, the original wasn't written in Greek, so your Petros/petra argument fails.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
By the way, the original wasn't written in Greek, so your Petros/petra argument fails.
LOL, you are desperate to kiss the popes ring.
Yeshua is the Rock. Peter is the little rock that Yeshua used as one of the stones upon which Yeshua built. Peter was just a sinner saved by grace, like all whom Yeshua calls.

Upvote 0