Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know Charles Lindberg was a strong Nazi sympathizer until the war began.
Yes he was.

Posted earlier:

America was full of German sympathizers, they held Nazi rally's in Madison Square Garden filled to capacity, they held parades all over the country, in particular Milwaukee Wisconsin. Charles Lindburg was a Nazi sympathizer, Prescott Bush was, the grandfather of the current president, his bank in NYC was shut down as a Nazi front, and closed for doing business with the enemy, all major American Corporations were doing business with the Nazis and continued to do so after the war started, many anyway.

Seems Kennedy's dad was pretty much in step with his peers.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm pretty clueless on WWII in certain areas. But there was a lot of Nazi sympathizers not only in the US but all over the globe.

As far as Kennedy. He was pretty conservative. He would not recognize his party today. Nor would Kennedy be considered a democratic liberal today by his party. They would not recognize him either.

I was mainly referring to this....

America was full of German sympathizers, they held Nazi rally's in Madison Square Garden filled to capacity, they held parades all over the country, in particular Milwaukee Wisconsin...

Even today - ppl ignore - perhaps are unseasoned - or even conscientiously do not understand what is going on today.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last week, we marked the fiftieth anniversary of the traumatic public murder of John F. Kennedy, a killing that helped mark the end of an era of civility and optimism in American public life. As presidents go, his achievements were rather modest, and it was left to his successor, Lyndon Johnson, to advance a broad-based agenda of liberal...
Here's what JFK should have said about his religion...

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After getting slapped by Patton...

My Dad was once spit at by Admiral Rickover, on purpose, while he was fulfilling his duties as Reactor Control Division Chief on a brand-spankin' new submarine. The Admiral demanded seedless grapes everywhere he went...he was given grapes with seeds in the instance and he proceeded to spit them at everything and everyone in his pathe durring commissioning trials.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

It is IMHO - he was killed because he wouldnt follow the liberal agenda.
But also - Roe V Wade and gay marriage and other issues strongly opposed to Church teaching wasnt rampant in the country back then.

So there was no reason for Kennedy to assert Catholic ideals. AS opposed to say Biden and Pelosi who are not only accepting of the opposed forces of the Church teachings - but at times lie about the Church teachings. And outright contradict the Church teachings.

I think there is a big difference.
America today was not as it was back then.

What was Kennedy to speak on?
There were no underlying issues and opposing forces at work in his time.

Upvote 0