Remember your Jewish ancestry.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
While many of us are not physical descendants of Abraham we are descendants of the promise given to Abraham. We are God's children just as much as the Jews are/were. Jews and Christian's are not immensely different. We essentially believe in the same God (Yahweh of the Old Testament) we just have different ideas of what Yahweh is. They argue that our beliefs are Polythestic and we argue that they're just as monotheistic as the Jews believe God is.

Not to mention God is mentioned in the plural form several times in the Old Testament and our Jewish brothers and sisters don't really have an answer for that. But I encourage you Christians to not forget your Jewish brothers and sisters who are just as much chosen by God as we are. Descendants of Abraham now and forever. I encourage you not to just study your Jewish history through the Old Testament but go by the source a Rabbi himself.

I spoke to a Rabbi about a few years ago because I had a question about the accuracy of the Jewish Calendar. I had mentioned I was a Christian and surprisingly the Rabbi welcomed me with open arms and we talked back and forth. He was extremely nice to me and it was as iff he welcomed me as a brother (he probably didnt but he was extremely nice and welcoming to my religion anyway)

He mentioned he recently did a deep study of Jewish history and made a complete Calandar of the history of the Earth from Adam and Eve's creation to the WWII hallocausts to the recent terrorist attacks on Israel. I'll look for the email if you guys are interested. It really was very interesting. It naturally was missing the birth and crucifixion of Christ but considering Jews think he was a false prophet it didn't surprise .me... anyway try to get along with your Jewish brothers and Sisters because you are just as much God's chosen people as the Jewish people are. Don't forget your Jewish roots.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
While many of us are not physical descendants of Abraham we are descendants of the promise given to Abraham. We are God's children just as much as the Jews are/were. Jews and Christian's are not immensely different. We essentially believe in the same God (Yahweh of the Old Testament) we just have different ideas of what Yahweh is. They argue that our beliefs are Polythestic and we argue that they're just as monotheistic as the Jews believe God is.

Not to mention God is mentioned in the plural form several times in the Old Testament and our Jewish brothers and sisters don't really have an answer for that. But I encourage you Christians to not forget your Jewish brothers and sisters who are just as much chosen by God as we are. Descendants of Abraham now and forever. I encourage you not to just study your Jewish history through the Old Testament but go by the source a Rabbi himself.

I spoke to a Rabbi about a few years ago because I had a question about the accuracy of the Jewish Calendar. I had mentioned I was a Christian and surprisingly the Rabbi welcomed me with open arms and we talked back and forth. He was extremely nice to me and it was as iff he welcomed me as a brother (he probably didnt but he was extremely nice and welcoming to my religion anyway)

He mentioned he recently did a deep study of Jewish history and made a complete Calandar of the history of the Earth from Adam and Eve's creation to the WWII hallocausts to the recent terrorist attacks on Israel. I'll look for the email if you guys are interested. It really was very interesting. It naturally was missing the birth and crucifixion of Christ but considering Jews think he was a false prophet it didn't surprise .me... anyway try to get along with your Jewish brothers and Sisters because you are just as much God's chosen people as the Jewish people are. Don't forget your Jewish roots.
There's no doubt that God has made a covenant with the Jews and He always keeps His covenant, even if the Jews lose their way and go astray. He will bring them back and they will be bought into His Kingdom.
We should bare in mind that not all Jews will be saved, Jesus exposed many of them as being "children of the Devil''. Those will never be saved, they are sealed for eternal torment in hell.

We don't know how many Jews and Gentiles God has purposed to save, but we do know that God has all of their names written in His book.

Our Pastor teaches us, to have no fellowship with non Christians such as the Jews. We can share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them but we can't be brothers if they don't convert to Christianity. We need to bare in mind that it was the Jews who killed Christ, so they are hostile towards Christians.

My understanding of scripture, is that the Jews will eventually accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah. But this will only happen after the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, I can't remember the scripture passage which states this but I do remember reading it. From memory, God will lift the veil off the eyes of the Jews and they will realize that Christ is the promised Messiah.

My understanding is, the Jews will be the last people to be added to the Church and that's because they rejected the Messiah when He came the first time. So God has been adding Gentiles to the Church for the past 2000 years but He hasn't forgotten His covenant with His chosen people and they will be saved at the appointed time.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Does the Torah teach us about who the God of Israel is? I think that it does. God's ways teach us about His nature and there are many verses that describe the Torah as being instructions for how to walk in God's ways, such as Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Isaiah 2:2-3, Joshua 22:5, Psalms 103:7, and many others. In Jeremiah 9:3 and 9:6, they did not know God and refused to know him because in 9:13, they had forsaken the Torah, while in 9:24, those who know God know that He delights in practicing steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in all of the earth. In Deuteronomy 4:5-8, the intended reaction of the nations seeing Israel's obedience to the Torah was to marvel at how great and wise He is, so their obedience testifies about who He is. So if Jews living in obedience to the Torah through faith act as a light and a blessing to the nations through testifying about who God is, then how can someone from the nations truthfully claim to believe in the same God as the Jews while refusing to live in obedience to the Torah?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Does the Torah teach us about who the God of Israel is? I think that it does. God's ways teach us about His nature and there are many verses that describe the Torah as being instructions for how to walk in God's ways, such as Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Isaiah 2:2-3, Joshua 22:5, Psalms 103:7, and many others. In Jeremiah 9:3 and 9:6, they did not know God and refused to know him because in 9:13, they had forsaken the Torah, while in 9:24, those who know God know that He delights in practicing steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in all of the earth. In Deuteronomy 4:5-8, the intended reaction of the nations seeing Israel's obedience to the Torah was to marvel at how great and wise He is, so their obedience testifies about who He is. So if Jews living in obedience to the Torah through faith act as a light and a blessing to the nations through testifying about who God is, then how can someone from the nations truthfully claim to believe in the same God as the Jews while refusing to live in obedience to the Torah?

Exactly. The scriptures weren't just written for man to just read. They were written so man could have an idea of who it what God is and for man to do what it says. I see a lot of Christian's saying that the New Testament "overrides" the Old Testament. But yet, A lot of the New Testament they dont listen to either. They'll live in sin because hey God forgave all of their sins. While that is a truth of scripture God didnt forgive all of the sins of everybody who walked this Earth first of all. Second of all, living in sin is taking advantage of God's

I'm not claiming I perfectly obey the scriptures. I dont. I'm a fallen man like all of mankind, but i am claiming that I TRY to do what scripture says. I dont just go around claiming I'm a child of God yet I'm cheating on my wife (yes even mind cheating I avoid/try to avoid. God helped me give up my 20+ year addiction to inappropriate contentography years ago.). I dont claim to love God yet I've been divorced three times and couldnt remain loyal to the wife God gave to me. My marriage has LOTS of problems. There's times I wish I was never married yet, I've remained loyal to my wife for over five years now and I'll remain loyal till the day I die. Why if I'm so unhappy? Because God commanded it and God knows a bit more about who my wife should be than I do. Plus every marriage while it has tons of bad, also has good. I focus on the good and ignore the bad because I love her. Yes, there's times I don't love her and the spark is "gone" but I DO love her.

Anyway yeah, the Jewish people have a lot of history. History that we are a part of as well. I cannot wait to go to heaven and see some of my Jewish brothers and sisters. Because if it weren't for them my salvation wouldn't have been possible.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Exactly. The scriptures weren't just written for man to just read. They were written so man could have an idea of who it what God is
The Judge of all the earth, He who does right.
Ge 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

He is faithful to his oath to Abraham our father
Ro 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Ro 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Ro 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Judge of all the earth, He who does right.
Ge 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

He is faithful to his oath to Abraham our father
Ro 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Ro 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Ro 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Amen.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0