remember " I can't believe I ate...

Did Israel forget God?

• No Israel did not forget God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I forget but could get an ice cream one?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the whole thing" commercial? Very cute the guys expression as he had to do take after take and with each new take anew meatball and on and on the commercial kept coming and he never got up to leave.

As I read the account out of the Exodus I noticed it was 400 year Israel stayed in Egypt and did not call out for God. Four hundred years and not a call. Why do you think she stayed for so long as virtual prisoner. If Israel had forgotten God, God faithfully remembered her, let my people go.

Do you think Israel really had forgotten Him? another reason? iDK

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

You have to know someone to be able to forget them I think.

Reactions: Vicky gould
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I read the account out of the Exodus I noticed it was 400 year Israel stayed in Egypt and did not call out for God. Four hundred years and not a call. Why do you think she stayed for so long as virtual prisoner. If Israel had forgotten God, God faithfully remembered her, let my people go.
Do you really think Israel didn't cry out to God during 400 years of slavery ?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn’t seem to indicate it happened.
Exodus 3

7 The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.

8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the whole thing" commercial? Very cute the guys expression as he had to do take after take and with each new take anew meatball and on and on the commercial kept coming and he never got up to leave.

Do you think Israel really had forgotten Him? another reason? iDK
215 years after God's promise to Abraham, Jacob moved to Egypt because of the famine. 215 years after this they left Egypt so at best the Israelites endured 215 years of slavery The exodus period was the peak which is when they had enough so the 215 years Israel spent in Egypt would have been a digression, not the entire thing at peak level. I suspect it is from a general "forgetting" since it is clear from their initial experiences in the dessert that pagan practices were not unfamiliar to them but it is equally clear that when they entered Egypt God was familiar to them (I don't think God would accept a mix). At some point, the Egyptians switched and started to oppress them but not for 400 years... I'm going to say it started whenever the pharaoh under Joseph died.

Upvote 0