Religious Right's Rationalization of Trump

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you don't know the difference between Left & Right policies you need to do some more reading & listening.

Just as many people believe Trump's critics with no question.

After 8 years of Obama, many have recognized he was a wolf in sheep's clothing. After only 6 months of Trump I will hold off on rushing to judgment.

When people paint as seeing the light of God even though there is a mountain of evidence that shows he's not, then it's becoming blind to reality.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I only see one issue that us Christians can look toward as Trump being Christian one that is what he as said about pro-life. But Jesus talks and spend much more time healing the sick. While I know some healings are happening in church most people aren't being healed. So I few the Christian thing do is to see people with health insurance. Which I don't see any why we can argue Trump is helping. Instead its clear to me that Trump wants to support his rich freinds and make the poor struggle even more. If we know our Bible we know how much God was for poor people.

• Agree
Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I only see one issue that us Christians can look toward as Trump being Christian one that is what he as said about pro-life. But Jesus talks and spend much more time healing the sick. While I know some healings are happening in church most people aren't being healed. So I few the Christian thing do is to see people with health insurance. Which I don't see any why we can argue Trump is helping. Instead its clear to me that Trump wants to support his rich freinds and make the poor struggle even more. If we know our Bible we know how much God was for poor people.

If you knew the Bible you would KNOW, God is "FOR" the man who "BELIEVES" in Him, regardless of the mans wealth.

If you knew the Bible you would KNOW, God is "NOT FOR" any man who "DOES NOT BELIEVE IN HIM", regardless of the mans wealth.

If you knew the Bible you would KNOW, God "enriches" a "believer" that serves Him, by being GLAD to give to charities and the needy.

If you knew governments, you would KNOW, they FORCE people to GIVE to them, so THEY can, keep some for themselves, and give it out to WHOM THEY DECIDE should have it. (abortions, foreigners, Abel bodied who refuse to work and take care of their own.)

2 Thes 3:
[10] For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

1 Tim 5
[8] But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Gen 13
[2] And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

Gen 26
[12] Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold:
[14] For he had possession of flocks, and possessions of herds, and great store of servants:

1 Chr 29
[26] Thus David
[28] And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches,

2 Chr 9
[22] And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I only see one issue that us Christians can look toward as Trump being Christian one that is what he as said about pro-life.

"pro-life" will never be resolved; UNTIL people of the majority AGREE when an individual life exists.

Adam did not exist, nor was called a KIND of thing, while he was being formed.
Adam was called a KIND of thing; ie a man, after he was FORMed.

Gen 2
[7] And the LORD God formED man of the dust of the ground,

And AFTER the thing called man was formED. THEN was that thing called man given LIFE from God.

Gen 2
[7] and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;

So HOW is a forming
man an individual life? A forming life dependent upon it's mothers blood....? When it is the individuals BLOOD that IS his own natural life?

Lev 17
[11] For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

And WHAT Scripture teaches a forming life, receives LIFE FROM God? When Scripture teaches it is a FORMED BODY that receives life from God IN THEIR Nostrils?

And Scripture teaches - a man MUST be born and be alive, before he can die.

How does a baby NEVER born alive, NEVER having received LIFE from Gods breath in it's nostrils, die?

1 Cor 15.
[36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Either a man believes Scripture or he doesn't.

And I would say, many do not believe Scripture, but rather express their own feelings, as if God was somehow mistaken.

It is well known, a "thing" grows in a woman's womb, and once departed from the womb alive, it is called a born living thing, of manKIND. And scripture is clear, a man KIND of thing MUST Live and DIE, BEFORE it can become BORN again.

Abortions are an individual moral issue, not a legal issue, that one should not have legal authority to force anyone to participate in or prevent anyone from such participation. Responsibility and consequences should be solely to the individuals involved.

Personally, my moral issue stands with; I do not favor abortions, nor believe it is the authority of the government to teach children about abortions, or force financial support from the public for abortions, or force Doctors to perform abortions.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The RR has married itself to Trump because they are afraid of change, they are afraid of losing power, they are afraid of the bubbles they live in bursting. The reason the RR are becoming more and more agitated is because they know they are losing, and there is nothing they can do the reverse the course.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The RR has married itself to Trump because they are afraid of change, they are afraid of losing power, they are afraid of the bubbles they live in bursting. The reason the RR are becoming more and more agitated is because they know they are losing, and there is nothing they can do the reverse the course.

I say out with the old Religious Right and in with the new. I say the old Religious Right is not big on compromising with others, and instead is too focused on dominating it. As said before, they've come to overvalue conservative values than examine if something is Biblical by God's standards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"I didn't vote Trump to be pastor"

Answers like that are such a dodge of the issue(s) at hand. This is a man who violates most or all of the ways we are told that Christians are supposed to live their lives. A man who had to be dragged to a podium after two days to mumble mealy-mouthed nonsense about "many sides" in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, who bragged about his disrespect of women, made fun of the handicapped, insulted a veteran, called Mexicans rapists, etc etc.

Yet through all of Trump's flaunting of morals - an issue on which evangelical Christians are quick to claim the high ground when it comes to gays, bathrooms, or Christian bakers - the silence is deafening and the moral bankruptcy is appalling.

Nobody elects a president to be pope, but we do expect a standard of behavior from that president, whom we've elected to represent us abroad. I can't help but wonder whether too many American Christians have sold out their moral voices for thirty pieces of silver - political power.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
"I didn't vote Trump to be pastor"

Answers like that are such a dodge of the issue(s) at hand. This is a man who violates most or all of the ways we are told that Christians are supposed to live their lives. A man who had to be dragged to a podium after two days to mumble mealy-mouthed nonsense about "many sides" in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, who bragged about his disrespect of women, made fun of the handicapped, insulted a veteran, called Mexicans rapists, etc etc.

That's fake news. Trump did NOT do or say any of those things if you listen to what Trump actually said instead of the liberal media's spin. I'm not mad at them for twisting his words because their incessant lies and distortions about Trump played a role in getting him elected by encouraging Christians and other people of morals to vote for him.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We have the man on tape, in at least a lot of these cases. I'm not interested in your pathetic attempts to deflect by questioning the nature of reality itself. If you're going to go that route, then we're done talking.
Ringo

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
We have the man on tape, in at least a lot of these cases. I'm not interested in your pathetic attempts to deflect by questioning the nature of reality itself. If you're going to go that route, then we're done talking.
Ringo

All those tapes show Trump innocent of the liberal media's false accusations. They clearly took his words and twisted them out of context to suit a political agenda.

If you have any actual evidence (Trump on tape saying what you claim), I'll be happy to consider it.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
All those tapes show Trump innocent of the liberal media's false accusations. They clearly took his words and twisted them out of context to suit a political agenda.

If you have any actual evidence (Trump on tape saying what you claim), I'll be happy to consider it.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

-CryptoLutheran

I watched all 3 videos and none of them show Trump saying what the liberal media claimed (that he said Mexicans were rapists, that he made fun of the handicapped, or that he equated white supremacists with the counter protestors). Try again.

Video 1 merely shows Trump saying some illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists. That's a true statement. Having a criminal record is why they aren't able to come here legally. I fully support Trump's position to keep Mexican rapists out of our country and I'm sure every Christian, Muslim, and other persons with morals agrees.

Video 2 shows Trump showing how a stumped reporter responded to him. Although the reporter had a disability, Trump said in a later video he wasn't aware of the reporter's disability and you've shown zero evidence he was aware of his disability or making fun of it. Falsely accusing Trump despite not having any evidence is slander which is a sin and opposed to Christian morality.

Video 3 shows Trump saying both sides were to blame for the violence in Charlottesville. That's a true statement. If the alt-left Antifa crowd hadn't been so hostile and nasty to the patriotic Americans defending our history then most likely no one would have been harmed.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I watched all 3 videos and none of them show Trump saying what the liberal media claimed (that he said Mexicans were rapists, that he made fun of the handicapped, or that he equated white supremacists with the counter protestors). Try again.

Oh, I didn't expect you to actually bother to use any objectivity, but the evidence is in plain sight.

Video 1 merely shows Trump saying some illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists. That's a true statement. Having a criminal record is why they aren't able to come here legally. I fully support Trump's position to keep Mexican rapists out of our country and I'm sure every Christian, Muslim, and other persons with morals agrees.

He didn't say "some", when he used the word "some" it was in regard to good people. The default position of Mexicans coming into this country, from Trump's statements, are that they are evil deviants.

Video 2 shows Trump showing how a stumped reporter responded to him. Although the reporter had a disability, Trump said in a later video he wasn't aware of the reporter's disability and you've shown zero evidence he was aware of his disability or making fun of it. Falsely accusing Trump despite not having any evidence is slander which is a sin and opposed to Christian morality.

Perhaps you could use the Ann Coulter defense, that Trump was simply doing an impression of a "standard r-t-rd"

Video 3 shows Trump saying both sides were to blame for the violence in Charlottesville. That's a true statement. If the alt-left Antifa crowd hadn't been so hostile and nasty to the patriotic Americans defending our history then most likely no one would have been harmed.

That you believe Nazis and the KKK are "patriotic Americans" "defending our history" says everything I need to know, frankly.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Free your mind of politics and meditate on peace, joy, and love.

The world is burning and Christ commanded that we, in His name, rush headlong into the burning building for those inside of it.

Ignoring politics when there are real world consequences is not an option for the servant of Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The world is burning and Christ commanded that we, in His name, rush headlong into the burning building for those inside of it.

Ignoring politics when there are real world consequences is not an option for the servant of Christ.

-CryptoLutheran
I disagree but respect your opinion. BTW, I never said ignore it forever.

Upvote 0