religious law entering into national law...

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It is one thing for religious laws to govern the life of the believer, it quite another thing for it to govern a nation.

"Netanyahu told the head of Likud's hareidi division Yaakov Vider at the conference that he intends to make the Hebrew calendar, which is based on Jewish law, the official calendar of Israel, reports Kikar Hashabat.

The new law also would establish the Talmud, the core work of Jewish law, as an official basis for Israeli state law.

"I'm going to personally be involved in the law defining the state of Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people," Netanyahu reportedly told Vider. "It's a very important law that will influence how Israel will look in the future."

"I want to anchor in this law, that it will be a Basic Law that the state of Israel arose and exists on the basis of the Torah and the Jewish tradition," Netanyahu explained, promising to define the Hebrew calendar as the official state calendar." Netanyahu Promises Talmud Will Be Israeli Law

How far with this go, orthodox or ultra orthodox? This starts with the calendar, but where will it draw a line? Is this a good idea of all people within the country of Israel? It will be interesting to see how this develops and how far will it inject itself into the laws of the land.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new law also would establish the Talmud

This is quite alarming. Persecution of Christians and Messianics alike will be happen if that law goes through. I've also read that this Talmud will someday go through American law has the Noahhde laws, but will indeed be the latter.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is one thing for religious laws to govern the life of the believer, it quite another thing for it to govern a nation.

That's quite an interesting thing to say, especially in a Messianic Forum.
The Torah was given to a Nation, the Nation of Israel. To have this brought back is nothing short of a miracle and bible prophecy coming true.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
That's quite an interesting thing to say, especially in a Messianic Forum.
The Torah was given to a Nation, the Nation of Israel. To have this brought back is nothing short of a miracle and bible prophecy coming true.
Today's Israel is not made up of just Jewish people, and the faith of the nation is not just Judaism. The Jewish population makes up 6,738,500 (74.8%); 1,878,000 (20.9%) are Arabs (2018); and, those identified as “others” (non-Arab Christians, Baha’i, etc) make up 4.8% of the population (426,000 people). In 2017, the population by religion was roughly 18% Muslim, 2% Christian and 2% Druze. Latest Population Statistics for Israel.

Given that the Talmud has some very bad attitudes towards non-Jews, with bad rulings, and Nohide laws for Gentiles.. I have to ask is this a good thing for the people of Israel. I have not problem with the laws of Moses, that fits within the Messianic forum and its ideology. I do have a problem with the Talmud being used as the guideline for its laws on the nation.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

"Netanyahu told the head of Likud's hareidi division Yaakov Vider at the conference that he intends to make the Hebrew calendar, which is based on Jewish law, the official calendar of Israel, reports Kikar Hashabat.

The new law also would establish the Talmud, the core work of Jewish law, as an official basis for Israeli state law.

"I'm going to personally be involved in the law defining the state of Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people," Netanyahu reportedly told Vider. "It's a very important law that will influence how Israel will look in the future."

"I want to anchor in this law, that it will be a Basic Law that the state of Israel arose and exists on the basis of the Torah and the Jewish tradition," Netanyahu explained, promising to define the Hebrew calendar as the official state calendar." Netanyahu Promises Talmud Will Be Israeli Law

How far with this go, orthodox or ultra orthodox? This starts with the calendar, but where will it draw a line? Is this a good idea of all people within the country of Israel? It will be interesting to see how this develops and how far will it inject itself into the laws of the land.
Though the article supposedly quotes netanyahu. I have my suspicions of hearsay or gossip. Most if not all of the media complex has lost its integral value of speaking the Truth.
Unless there is audio or video to verify such.
I will withhold an opinion.
Many times the enemy uses this very form of tact to stir up strife.

I presumed the Israel Knesset already operated with a hillel calendar.
And I voiced an objection to the calculations adhered to concerning moedim.

• Agree
Reactions: kcmonseysr
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So, the calendar will be Hillel's? Would this lead to going back to the calendar before the diaspora?
The calendar is just the start, it is the door of this new law that opens up to a world that is not welcoming to all nationals and religious beliefs found with scripture studies of the people of Israel.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Today's Israel is not made up of just Jewish people, and the faith of the nation is not just Judaism. The Jewish population makes up 6,738,500 (74.8%); 1,878,000 (20.9%) are Arabs (2018); and, those identified as “others” (non-Arab Christians, Baha’i, etc) make up 4.8% of the population (426,000 people). In 2017, the population by religion was roughly 18% Muslim, 2% Christian and 2% Druze. Latest Population Statistics for Israel.

And not all that came out of Egypt and went into the promised land were either, but the laws were for the children of Israel and the strangers who chose to live among them. One law for both.

Given that the Talmud has some very bad attitudes towards non-Jews, with bad rulings, and Nohide laws for Gentiles.. I have to ask is this a good thing for the people of Israel. I have not problem with the laws of Moses, that fits within the Messianic forum and its ideology. I do have a problem with the Talmud being used as the guideline for its laws on the nation.
it depends on how the Talmud is used. In many ways the Talmud is like our US law books, speaking of different things that come up and how to judge them. As far as the Noahide laws, well they are on the books in this country, under Education, don't cha know? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And not all that came out of Egypt and went into the promised land were either, but the laws were for the children of Israel and the strangers who chose to live among them. One law for both.

it depends on how the Talmud is used. In many ways the Talmud is like our US law books, speaking of different things that come up and how to judge them. As far as the Noahide laws, well they are on the books in this country, under Education, don't cha know? :)
If by noachide laws you mean keep commandments.
Yes.
Yet there are some who lay snares and pervert the Truth with an obvious intention.
Abuse of a servant will be dealt with swiftly.

Though pharaohs sorerors and dogs were a small audience.

Everyone who is called to witness is beyond his vision of malice.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

Talmud was not until after Babylon, which is a long way off from when they came from Mount Sinai. Talmud changed a lot of Torah understanding. It was no wonder Yeshua had a lot to say about their interpretation.

Upvote 0