Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Presidential Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2019 | The White House
President Trump
My Administration is taking action to protect religious liberty and to seek justice against those who seek to abridge it. The Department of Justice is aggressively prosecuting those who use violence or threats to interfere with the religious freedom of their fellow Americans.

Around the globe today, people are being persecuted for their faith by authoritarian dictatorships, terrorist groups, and other intolerant individuals. To address this tragic reality, last July, at my request, the Secretary of State convened the first-ever Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom. We are listening to the voices of those risking their lives for their religious beliefs, and we are listening to the families of people who have died fighting for their fundamental right of conscience.

Last edited:

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,597.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am almost certain that the 9th District Court can put an end to that.
Why would they ever want to do that? Religious Freedom Day has been recognized for decades and applies to all people regardless as to what religion they belong to.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Presidential Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2019 | The White House
President Trump
My Administration is taking action to protect religious liberty and to seek justice against those who seek to abridge it. The Department of Justice is aggressively prosecuting those who use violence or threats to interfere with the religious freedom of their fellow Americans.

Around the globe today, people are being persecuted for their faith by authoritarian dictatorships, terrorist groups, and other intolerant individuals. To address this tragic reality, last July, at my request, the Secretary of State convened the first-ever Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom. We are listening to the voices of those risking their lives for their religious beliefs, and we are listening to the families of people who have died fighting for their fundamental right of conscience.
Yeah, we'll see how that plays out for those whose religion is other than the "Judeo-Christian" kind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, we'll see how that plays out for those whose religion is other than the "Christian" kind.

Seems not to be a positive attitude there regarding this declared religious day?

If they didn't notice Trump is being welcoming to all.

If they didn't notice some of his family members practice the Jewish religion which by the way is not considered Christian.

And the list goes on and on
on this early morning.

Many blessings sent to all.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems not to be a positive attitude there regarding this declared religious day?

If they didn't notice Trump is being welcoming to all.

If they didn't notice some of his family members practice the Jewish religion which by the way is not considered Christian.

And the list goes on and on
on this early morning.

Many blessings sent to all.
M-Bob
I stand corrected and have edited my post.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would they ever want to do that? Religious Freedom Day has been recognized for decades and applies to all people regardless as to what religion they belong to.
It was a joke Joseph, the 9th District Court is famous for issuing injunctions on almost anything that Trump tries to implement.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,597.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It was a joke Joseph, the 9th District Court is famous for issuing injunctions on almost anything that Trump tries to implement.
That was part of the reason why I made the post since President Trump had no part in implementing Religious Freedom Day. He's only putting out a statement like presidents before him. If you read President Trump's statement and compare it to statements made each year by former presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, they all sound pretty much the the same.

Upvote 0