United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are grasping at straws. That will work about as well as claiming that human sacrifice is a protected religious practice.

FGM has been decried by every major Islamic and Hindu organization. It is a cultural practice of a small Indian sect that has NOTHING to do with Hinduism.

May God heal those girls and bring them to the light of His Gospel.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. In this country anyone who endorses that needs to be booted out. Sent back to where they came from. Send the lawyers with them.

Interesting take, are you saying that only some people should be entitled to legal defense “in this country”?

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For once, this is something evil that cannot actually be attributed to Islam. Most of the people who do it, happen to be Muslim but it cannot really be supported by Islamic teachings. At most, it is permissible but I haven't seen anything that would advocate it or make it obligatory so this defense shouldn't work.

Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
They are grasping at straws. That will work about as well as claiming that human sacrifice is a protected religious practice.
Wait for it.
FGM has been decried by every major Islamic and Hindu organization. It is a cultural practice of a small Indian sect that has NOTHING to do with Hinduism.
Muslim. But not a Muslim requirement for it is only a social custom. An awful social custom. Even if it were a Muslim requirement, it should be absolutely forbidden in this country. Let them go to Saudi Arabia if they want to have it done. And I will know we are even more bonkers in this country if the religious liberty argument works.
May God heal those girls and bring them to the light of His Gospel.
Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting take, are you saying that only some people should be entitled to legal defense “in this country”?

I realize there are laws in this country that I am not going to challenge, but my opinion says 24 hours after conviction they need to be gone.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I agree with this from the article:
“I don’t think the religious freedom argument will work. Based on Jehovah Witness cases of denying blood transfusions to children, the court should decide this type of case on the basis of what’s in the best interest of the child,

Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with this from the article:
“I don’t think the religious freedom argument will work. Based on Jehovah Witness cases of denying blood transfusions to children, the court should decide this type of case on the basis of what’s in the best interest of the child,
that would be a wise outcome. or at least wait until the child is 18 to decide. if the child can't marry until 18, and FGM is supposed to be for ensuring marriage fidelity, what harm in waiting until the child can legally determine her own destiny.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
that would be a wise outcome. or at least wait until the child is 18 to decide. if the child can't marry until 18, and FGM is supposed to be for ensuring marriage fidelity, what harm in waiting until the child can legally determine her own destiny.
The worst of FGM is to surgically make sex impossible until it is reversed just before marriage. It is like a surgical burka. In that form the younger the mutilation occurs the better. It is a grotesque practice that has no place in a civilized nation.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The worst of FGM is to surgically make sex impossible until it is reversed just before marriage. It is like a surgical burka. In that form the younger the mutilation occurs the better. It is a grotesque practice that has no place in a civilized nation.
huh? i thought the worst form was irreversible? the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] cant grow bakc. :confused:

even if the purpose was to prevent sex rather than fidelity, a chastity belt would be a much more humane method.

i agree it is a grotesque practice, so kind of worrying its been allowed on religious grounds. whats next - virgin sacrifices?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
huh? i thought the worst form was irreversible? the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] cant grow bakc. :confused:

even if the purpose was to prevent sex rather than fidelity, a chastity belt would be a much more humane method.

i agree it is a grotesque practice, so kind of worrying its been allowed on religious grounds. whats next - virgin sacrifices?
The worst form is they sew up the opening and it heals way too small for sex, then needing to be ripped open when married. Any form is brutal. Chastity should be a virtue and not surgically enforced.

Upvote 0