'Religion of Peace' attacks in the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
There are no Christian scriptures that advocate the killing of infidels. The Quran however does advocate that.

Are you saying Hitler wasn't a Christian? I think you've just shown you don't understand the no true Scotsman fallacy. There are over 1 billion Muslims and 99.999% of them aren't killing anyone. Are they all disobeying Islamic teaching by being peaceful? If I go to several mosques and ask the person in charge whether Muslims should kill infidels will they all say yes? If so, why aren't more Muslims killing infidels?

I think it's more likely all these terrorists aren't Muslims anymore than "Christian" terrorists were Christians which means your posts probably amount to slander perhaps motivated by a hatred of Muslims due to prejudice.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you saying Hitler wasn't a Christian? I think you've just shown you don't understand the no true Scotsman fallacy. There are over 1 billion Muslims and 99.999% of them aren't killing anyone. Are they all disobeying Islamic teaching by being peaceful? If I go to several mosques and ask the person in charge whether Muslims should kill infidels will they all say yes? If so, why aren't more Muslims killing infidels?

I think it's obvious all these terrorists aren't Muslims anymore than "Christian" terrorists were Christians which means you posts are most likely slander perhaps motivated by a hatred of Muslims due to prejudice?

I have said it before: I don't hate Muslims. I hate Muslim terrorists and their apologists.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Because THEY do. You are making the moral equivalency argument. There is none.

Why aren't you condemning Christian terrorists and telling us Christianity isn't a religion of peace because Christians killed millions of Jews and bombed building in terrorists attacks.

I don't know what you mean by moral equivalency. My argument is that terrorism is against Christian and Islamic teaching so anyone who is a terrorist is not a Christian or a Muslim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Hitler wasn't a Christian then terrorists aren't Muslims. Who are you to say 99% of Muslims aren't Muslims?
Do you know what a non sequitur is?
It's when something doesn't follow the previous.
This is a great example.

So, anyway, get acquainted with what Christ and Islam teaches.
This should prevent you from making hollow PC statements.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then why are 99.9% of Muslims peaceful?
Probably because God gave humans a conscience.
And also because people fear losing their freedom or their lives.

This does not change the fact that Muhammad taught terror and violence as a means to establish Muslim dominance.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing that is perhaps still not obvious for others (although i have stated it before):
I have serious problems with Islam, not with Muslims.
To me Islam is what was 'revealed' to Muhammad and what he taught, and that's what i have serious problems with.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
One thing that is perhaps still not obvious for others (although i have stated it before):
I have serious problems with Islam, not with Muslims.
To me Islam is what was 'revealed' to Muhammad and what he taught, and that's what i have serious problems with.

And I can understand that. You identify as Christian. HOWEVER, that doesn't give you carte blanche to false accuse a group of people with the actions of a few. We have our own history as Christians that leaves a bad smell, does that give others the same reasons to lump us all into a similar box?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I can understand that. You identify as Christian. HOWEVER, that doesn't give you carte blanche to false accuse a group of people with the actions of a few. We have our own history as Christians that leaves a bad smell, does that give others the same reasons to lump us all into a similar box?
When you read what i wrote you'll see i don't lump Muslims together.
My problem is with Islam, not Muslims.
I have to admit though, that i have always dismissed all of 'Christianity' because of the rotten fruits it bares throughout history.
But that was before i seriously looked into religions.
But seeing as how many Muslims are dedicated Muslims (compared to Christians) i was inclined to believe they 'have it right'.
Fortunately fundamentalist Muslims are not representative for Muslims in general. But they do follow Muhammad's teachings.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
When you read what i wrote you'll see i don't lump Muslims together.
My problem is with Islam, not Muslims.
I have to admit though, that i have always dismissed all of 'Christianity' because of the rotten fruits it bares throughout history.
But that was before i seriously looked into religions.
But seeing as how many Muslims are dedicated Muslims (compared to Christians) i was inclined to believe they 'have it right'.
Fortunately fundamentalist Muslims are not representative for Muslims in general. But they do follow Muhammad's teachings.

No that's exactly what your doing. You have a problem with Islam, but when presented with some actual fact that the majority of the planet's muslims are peaceful, you jump to the same No True Scotsman fallacies as samir was posting.

You own studies either weren't that in depth or you are choosing to ignore the actual reality in light of what you "discovered". I follow christ teachings, so did Torquemada. Does that make me the same as Torquemada? or You the same as him.

Try not to deal in blanket statements if you truly want to not represent the whole as something it's not.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

...But, but, but a hundred years ago, Christians did like bad things and stuff!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.