Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I have already said in another post, you will find many references to families and sonship in scripture both of which indicate a relationship.

I have a daughter and a son and the most important thing to me is our relationship, not whether they do certain things at certain times to earn my love and acceptance.

No problem I knew you couldn't show me, a lot of the things the no religion crowd does can't be found. But hey your all more righteous because you no religion. Wait Christianity is a religion, so...

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But we do not live our lives according to a dictionary.

No, however Christianity is a religion but you all know better those of you who want to be just like the world and redefine words

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I follow the Lord. Faith comes by hearing.

How can you hear if you don't go to Church. If you follow Christ than you follow Religion, mine and every other Christians Religion. There is no escaping it, no matter how you kick at the goad

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can you hear if you don't go to Church. If you follow Christ than you follow Religion, mine and every other Christians Religion. There is no escaping it, no matter how you kick at the goad

I have a bible and can hear the word every day, not just on sunday. The Lords spirit is my teacher.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

Psalms 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O Lord!
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

Psalm 23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Matthew 7:24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, however Christianity is a religion but you all know better those of you who want to be just like the world and redefine words
Yes, however, my Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship.

My definitions come from the original Greek of the New Testament as I find it the most reliable.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No problem I knew you couldn't show me, a lot of the things the no religion crowd does can't be found. But hey your all more righteous because you no religion. Wait Christianity is a religion, so...
I don't do other people's work for them so all you have to do is look up the numerous verses that talk about sonship and families. Is that too hard for you?

If you do that you will see that I have shown you, but not in the way you want me to. As a trained teacher, it is standard practice to get students to discover for themselves things that I could tell them but it is more beneficial if I don't because it means they have to look it up.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christ-following is not a formal "religion". It is a spiritual belief system explaining God's relationship to Man.

It's heart is in the Bible. The Bible gives many examples of assembled community worship, praise, prayer, etc.

Acts 2:...the first assemblies after Pentecost
43 Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe;
and many wonders and signs were taking place through the (11) apostles.
44 And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common;(commune)
45 and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.
46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house,
they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people.
And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Seek out a non-denominational assembly with a written doctrinal statement similar to:

Doctrinal Statement | Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS)

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Christ-following is not a formal "religion". It is a spiritual belief system explaining God's relationship to Man.

It's heart is in the Bible. The Bible gives many examples of assembled community worship, praise, prayer, etc.

44 And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common;(commune)
45 and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.
46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house,

Seek out a non-denominational assembly with a written doctrinal statement similar to:

Quaote from the Doctrinal Statement you referenced
Article X—Eternal Security
We believe that, because of the eternal purpose of God toward the objects of His love, because of His freedom to exercise grace toward the meritless on the ground of the propitiatory blood of Christ, because of the very nature of the divine gift of eternal life, because of the present and unending intercession and advocacy of Christ in heaven, because of the immutability of the unchangeable covenants of God, because of the regenerating, abiding presence of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of all who are saved, we and all true believers everywhere, once saved shall be kept saved forever.

According to this I am saved in my sin not from my sin.This says that GOD has to take me in my sins because I once was a follower of Him but now I am a heathen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Another quote

Article XIX—The Tribulation
We believe that the translation of the church will be followed by the fulfillment of Israel’s seventieth week (Dan. 9:27; Rev. 6:1–19:21) during which the church, the body of Christ, will be in heaven. The whole period of Israel’s seventieth week will be a time of judgment on the whole earth, at the end of which the times of the Gentiles will be brought to a close. The latter half of this period will be the time of Jacob’s trouble (Jer. 30:7), which our Lord called the great tribulation (Matt. 24:15–21). We believe that universal righteousness will not be realized previous to the second coming of Christ, but that the world is day by day ripening for judgment and that the age will end with a fearful apostasy.

This is Jesuit Teaching not Biblical

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Another Quote

Article XXI—The Eternal State
We believe that at death the spirits and souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation pass immediately into His presence and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the glorified body when Christ comes for His own, whereupon soul and body reunited shall be associated with Him forever in glory; but the spirits and souls of the unbelieving remain after death conscious of condemnation and in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne at the close of the millennium, when soul and body reunited shall be cast into the lake of fire, not to be annihilated, but to be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power

So man has an immortal soul? This is not Biblical. Satan told Eve you shall surly not die. Looks like this statement is the same as what the serpent said to Eve.

The Bible says otherwise.

Psalm 115:17King James Version (KJV)
17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.

1 Corinthians 15:52-54King James Version (KJV)
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1 Timothy 6:15-17King James Version (KJV)
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Response to post #411: Q:
The Tribulation
This is Jesuit Teaching not Biblical

False.

See Matthew 24:

1. v. 36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, (WHEN Tribulations / Things BEGIN)
not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
3.. v. 2-28...THINGS / SIGNS of .."birth pangs"...tribulation...great tribulation...to the brink...THEN
2. v. 29-31... Jesus' Glorious Return from Heaven!

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Response to post #412: Q:
So man has an immortal soul?.

No. Man has a mortal Body/Soul combo.
His SPIRIT is immortal and will be judged.

Spirit...Greek 4151...pneuma...
I.the third person of the Tri-Une God, the Holy Spirit,...with the Father and the Son
A.sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the "Holy" Spirit)
B.sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of "Truth")
C.never referred to as a depersonalised force
II.the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the "human" body is animated
A.the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
B.the soul "of man"

SOUL...Greek 5590...psyche...
C.that in which there is life
i.a living being, a living soul
II.the soul
A.the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart, soul etc.)
B.the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God
it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for everlasting life
C.the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)

Ecclesiastes 12...Remember God in Your Youth: AT DEATH...
7 then the dust (body/soul combo) will return to the earth as it was, (SEE: Genesis 2:7)
and the SPIRIT (breath of life) will return to God who gave it. (SEE: Genesis 1:26 SPIRITUAL image)
8 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher, “all is vanity!

Jesus the God-Man's SPIRIT was "committed" to heaven by Him. His Body/Soul combo bed to death.
His "spirit body" ascended after resurrection and appearances.

Man's SPIRIT either dwells with or is separated from God...
....eternal spiritual life in the heavenly realms for believers.
....eternal spiritual existence in the "lake of fire" for UN-believers.

Job 33:4
“The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Isaiah 42:5
Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread out the earth and its offspring,
Who gives breath to the people on it (Body/Soul)
And SPIRIT to those who walk in it,

Zechariah 12:1B
Thus declares the Lord
who stretches out the heavens,
lays the foundation of the earth, and
forms the SPIRIT of man within him,(Body/Soul)

John 6:63...Jesus
It is the Spirit who gives life;
the flesh profits nothing;
the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

John 4:24...Jesus
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Response to post #410: Q: "This says that GOD has to take me in my sins because I once was a follower of Him but now I am a heathen."

False. SEE:

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?
The bible talks about the unforgivable sin which is to call the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan. If it is unforgivable then it means that it will prevent the person from entering heaven because there is no sin in heaven, soooooo one can lose their salvation.

Upvote 0

Myychael

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2010
✟79,084.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Read on...
Acts 5:12-14:
The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. 13 No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. 14 Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number.

They met together in church...Solomon's Colonnade.
Same timeframe, and ...
Acts 3:1:
One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon.
Temple Worship was definitely in place and sounds like much more actively so than at current times...daily I believe. That is they worshiped daily at 3 in the afternoon.

Upvote 0

Myychael

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2010
✟79,084.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I like your Scriptures you posted Ron and thanks,The Congregation of Philadelphia in2017 missionaries
continue to sell or give away their possessions to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ abroad in foreign lands faithful followers leave property or land sharing a bit of themselves,their work for the Lord continues long after they have passed this life and on to be with the Lord.
Still Ron what religion on the face of this earth had their Creator come and die the horrid death he died and
then redeemed them to himself there's nothing on Earth like this relationship we have with our Lord Jesus.
our salvation is not based on our performance of works or how good we are or appear to be I no ill probably get flamed on the works statement so here
Romans 4King James Version (KJV)
4 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

I believe if you are saved you will have some kind of testimony even the Thief on the cross
rebuked the other thief in Luke 23:39,40 and asked Jesus to remember him,and he said he would be in paradise with him I have been studding GRACE for months now RON i cant put that to definition either
now i said me i no its in a dictionary so take it easy all LOL
Sorry Ron im just not big on Seminary trained Preachers as a whole i visited those types many many years as a Jehovah Witness and asked every one to prove the Watchtowers teaching wrong slammed the door in my face Had one man say he was some big wheel in the Episcopalian Church but he didnt
want to speak either after much belittling us I think i told him there was still hope for the foulest he never
opened his door again. The trouble with seminary preachers you dont no whose anointed or whose not you take the classes and pass them your in like flint i would dare to say though if the Church where he is at is on life support that would be a good clue RON wouldn't it if there was a decent population there.
well i better shut up or ill get canned

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like your Scriptures you posted Ron and thanks,The Congregation of Philadelphia in2017 missionaries
continue to sell or give away their possessions to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ abroad in foreign lands faithful followers leave property or land sharing a bit of themselves,their work for the Lord continues long after they have passed this life and on to be with the Lord.
Still Ron what religion on the face of this earth had their Creator come and die the horrid death he died and
then redeemed them to himself there's nothing on Earth like this relationship we have with our Lord Jesus.
our salvation is not based on our performance of works or how good we are or appear to be I no ill probably get flamed on the works statement so here
Romans 4King James Version (KJV)
4 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

I believe if you are saved you will have some kind of testimony even the Thief on the cross
rebuked the other thief in Luke 23:39,40 and asked Jesus to remember him,and he said he would be in paradise with him I have been studding GRACE for months now RON i cant put that to definition either
now i said me i no its in a dictionary so take it easy all LOL
Sorry Ron im just not big on Seminary trained Preachers as a whole i visited those types many many years as a Jehovah Witness and asked every one to prove the Watchtowers teaching wrong slammed the door in my face Had one man say he was some big wheel in the Episcopalian Church but he didnt
want to speak either after much belittling us I think i told him there was still hope for the foulest he never
opened his door again. The trouble with seminary preachers you dont no whose anointed or whose not you take the classes and pass them your in like flint i would dare to say though if the Church where he is at is on life support that would be a good clue RON wouldn't it if there was a decent population there.
well i better shut up or ill get canned
Hello Myychael,
Is that name spelling a typo btw? Anyway, I am happy you like seeing the Scripture employed as I do so try to prove my faith from it.
Are you still JW or are you Baptist as your title appears? I do take issue with the JWs and find it difficult to fathom that you now a Baptist would support the Watchtower ideas anymore...not asking you to go into those issues here as it would be off-topic indeed, just a yes-no on the support or non-support of JW doctrine currently.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0