TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...You can tell it's a problem when the person's entire argument is built upon a certain English translation!
The only real Bible is the KJV. Others who use different versions are all satanists, communists, and anti-American. It is a given they are also in bed with the Catholic church, which is ruling the world through the Vatican.

Upvote 0
D

Dunban

Actually, in Canada and especially where I live, I am in the minority. I would not be allowed to say what I say on this forum in a public school. "You" are definitely in the majority where I'm from.

I was speaking of in terms of ideologies. I live in the same country as you do and I know numerous Christians, including my family, who are adamant creationists, as I once was. I knew nothing of science, didn't care to know, never had much interest in it once I went through the "born again" experience. I was told it was evil, so I avoided it.

All that changed after I exited church and protestantism a while back in search of the truth. It's not so much where you live, but what ideology you hold. Of course, we would expect "godless" heathens to hold the evil doctrine of evolution. But for Christians, it is anathema. I was quite surprised a few years back, when Pope John Paul II decided evolution did not contradict the bible. At the time, I laughed and only was further assured of the Catholic Church's corruption and false doctrine.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What have human beings evolved from?

As members of the great ape family, Hominidae, we share a common lineage with the other members of Hominidae (chimps, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutans). The human and chimpanzee lineages diverged about five million years ago. The fossil record is full of hominid species, of which we are the most recent and the last surviving.

God said He created Adam and Eve in His likeness and image.

Yes, we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That's what is written in Genesis 1, that He created humankind, male and female, in His likeness and image.

You were born, naturally, from the fertilization of a sperm and an egg within your mother's body. That natural process by which you developed naturally does not negate that you are, indeed, created in the image and likeness of God.

Yes, we are apes.
Yes, we are created in the image of God.

We are apes made in God's image.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dunban said:
This is mostly for the Jewish and Muslim brothers and sisters that post here. Does your faith support or deny a belief in evolution? Is evolution compatible with your faith or religion?

Evolution has been disproved end of discussion.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Evolution has been disproved end of discussion.

If you have any credible scientists whose work has been peer reviewed in a likewise credible scientific journal in order to show where, when, and how evolution has been disproven, you are more than welcome to provide it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ViaCrucis said:
If you have any credible scientists whose work has been peer reviewed in a likewise credible scientific journal in order to show where, when, and how evolution has been disproven, you are more than welcome to provide it.

-CryptoLutheran

Look in the mirror dr crypt

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I am always amazed (Theologically speaking) how some people believe in religion and yet agree to theory of Evolution applied to Humans and How exactly God has a role to play in their lives.

I have no problem with it. Why would there be any problems with evolution and my beliefs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How does biblical deity effects your life ?. That was my question in the previous post.What role he plays ?.

I have no idea what direct effect is played upon my life. I do know that when I stick closer to Torah, I am a better person for it.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My wonder covers Not only those who follow scripturally explicit religions but also the so called pagans who waste their time(Unless it is for amusement) worshiping deities of their choice.

219621-albums4829-46791.jpg

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea what direct effect is played upon my life. I do know that when I stick closer to Torah, I am a better person for it.

Right(The bolded part), you(or Jews) have no idea how he(The deity) effects your life.If you want to be a better person there are better and much easier (Atleast regarding dietary aspects ;) ) ways to do that.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Right(The bolded part), you(or Jews) have no idea how he(The deity) effects your life.If you want to be a better person there are better and much easier (Atleast regarding dietary aspects ;) ) ways to do that.

Better and easier are opinions. I find it just fine and suggest you never try.

Upvote 0