Illinois
✟176,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not have a good method of research, I read various views and compare them and hold them as a theory which the theory can change over time. I have a great joy in studying the Bible along with history and like to go deep to find the truth.

I recently came across a website called (I saw the light ministries), have you heard of them or have an opinion on it? Was reading about what the true name of the father is, and the answer from his research I did not expect. I haven't read through the entire thing or looked at the evidence of his claims or looked into if it was true or not yet. its either it is truth, conspiracy theory, or not truth.

What is the Name of The Almighty Creator? Yah, Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, Yahshua, Yeshua or Jesus?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I do not have a good method of research, I read various views and compare them and hold them as a theory which the theory can change over time. I have a great joy in studying the Bible along with history and like to go deep to find the truth.

I recently came across a website called (I saw the light ministries), have you heard of them or have an opinion on it? Was reading about what the true name of the father is, and the answer from his research I did not expect. I haven't read through the entire thing or looked at the evidence of his claims or looked into if it was true or not yet. its either it is truth, conspiracy theory, or not truth.

What is the Name of The Almighty Creator? Yah, Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, Yahshua, Yeshua or Jesus?

I think it's best to place that in the "not truth" category. After much, sadly, wasted time, the writer apparently asserts that the name of God is Jesus. That simply isn't true. Jesus is an english transliteration of Greek Iesous, which come from Hebrew Yahshua. Rightly, we should be calling Jesus Joshua.

But anyway, the proper name of God, or at least part of it, is found throughout Hebrew, including the name Yahshua. YAH-shua. Also Hallelujah. Hallelu-YAH. Benjamin NetanYAH-u.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

take a look at this.
Third Millennium Ministries

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The best resource is the Holy Spirit. It always helps, before reading or hearing the words of men, to ask for His guidance and light. The world is totally full, of course, with this religious leader and that religious leader teaching totally contradictory things.

Since you mention the name of the Father, my research leads me to believe it is Yahuah. The Messenger of the Name vids on YT, give historical and Biblical backup for that. (The guy himself is dressed a little odd, but its the data that always counts with me.) Yahushuah, which is the true name of the Savior means "Yahuah saves." I generally say Abba.

Psalm 119 Ministries is the most scholarly source of Biblical information I have ever seen, personally. They frequently say "Test everything." While they are big on historical research, analysis of the Greek, and of course analysis of Scriptures, their vids are not overwhelming, IF you take your time. They are highly attractive vids, very easy on the eyes. Also, they are Hebrew Roots, which many people will dismiss out of hand because they conflict often with standard things taught in Churches - as in presenting information to show that the Sabbath was never changed to Sunday. But you can check them out and make up your own mind. If you decide to do that, I recommend starting with The Pauline Paradox.

(If anyone wants to argue with any of this, sorry, I will not engage. This is not a debate forum.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I went to the website's Home page and saw that the head of the ministry is "Apostle" Tim - that's a major tip off right there that this "ministry" is a questionable, if not heretical, source. The New Testament is clear that all the apostles had seen the risen Savior which proves that this Tim is self-deluded and a false teacher.

Given your statement of not having a good research method but a love of in-depth biblical study, I am going to provide some resources you may (or may not) be interested in.

Hebrew and Greek Word Studies - Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible

Outstanding resource for commentaries - StudyLight.org: Search, Read and Study with our Bible Tools

Rules for Hermeneutical study - Hermeneutics: the Eight Rules of Biblical Interpretation

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

John, I am not familiar with I saw the light ministries, but will certainly take a look at their site.
The most accurate and helpful site for me is Online Parallel Bible

Biblecc.com provides a Lexicon which translates every word of the verse or chapter you are reading from English to its original Greek or Hebrew (side by side); and provides the original definitions of each word as well. Biblecc.com is by far the best site for in-depth study of scripture in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Until you can evaluate material on your own, the best tools to understand Scripture are your pastor, church elders, humility (be open to learning things that don't make sense for the time being), struggling to understand Scripture, being obedient, and asking God for help.

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (John 16:13, 1984 NIV)

Reactions: icxn
Upvote 0