ohio
✟58,145.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In recognition of the start of the Relay for Life season I made this fellowship. Relay for Life is a charitable event for the American Cancer Society. Teams set to walk or run a track for twenty four hours. This thread is to pay recognition and honor survivors , patients, and care givers. It is also to remember those who lost their battle with cancer. Relays are held through out the United States.

If you are interested in locating a relay near you here is a link.
http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/findevent
If you are interested in donating online here is a link you can donate to my Relay profile. All donations go to the American Cancer Society and are tax deductable.
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/R...?pg=personal&fr_id=7073&fr_id=7073&px=4943813
All relayers are welcome to post their links.

SO the blessings and rules
No more than 5 back to backs
no abc's or numbers
be mindful of those with slower internet speeds when posting pictures
100 blessings to anyone who can show proof they have participated in a relay for life or is going to
1000 to any cancer survivors
100 per post after 20th post
Feel welcome to post pics of survivors,caregivers, or patients. Write encouraging words. W/e. Just have fun and remember one night one community one fight

ladyt28

God's Grace Fills My Life
Jun 12, 2007
Michigan
✟37,455.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Cassie!!

Well, I went and contributed towards your run as soon as you invited me. It's not just a "good cause" but one that helps SO many people with many, many forms of cancer.

I've never participated in a run but I support them financially. I participated in my first car show and did the dyno run as all of the proceeds were going to Relay for Life. One of the members on the Pontiac Solstice forum participated in the Relay and designed t-shirts that say "Kappas for the Cause" - a bunch of us got one to show solidarity.

One of my coworkers has a young daughter who developed cancer in her teenage years. Kerrie is a survivor and is doing very well. Her mother keeps us all pretty involved in Relay events and luminaries.

Sometimes I think that the fight against cancer has been going on for so long that we've become somewhat 'desensitized' to it if possible - until a loved one is stricken - then we remember why we still need to fight.

Cassie - I applaud your involvement! I am very proud of younger people getting into the habit of caring enough to be involved. And you're very ingenious to ask our involvement here at CF as I have never seen anyone else approach us before - a HUGE untapped group! Good job my friend!!

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2005
somewhere over the rainbow
✟372,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
my father had lung cancer he died at age 67
it was a hard time for all of us
he went into the hospital with a collasped lung and they shipped him to a larger hospital for surgery since they could not inflate it back
they were not in the surgery but a few minutes when the surgeon came out and said he was sorry and he was shocked he was not expecting what he saw my dad's lungs were in the last stage of cancer. we were all in shock not expecting this . he died 3 months later

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.