Relay For Life! (it didn't seem right not doing this)

cassie121

So Lutheran, I laugh at Lutheran jokes.
Supporter
Sep 30, 2006
ohio
✟58,145.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys,

You guys have probably heard me talk about Relay For Life before. If not, well, let me explain. Relay for Life is an event where teams of 10 people walk, run, dance, and actually, I've even seen some toddlers with their mothers crawl around a specified area usually a track for 22 hours to raise awareness of cancer and money for the American Cancer Society. Relay's are held all over the US and in a few foreign countries.
Perhaps, though, the more important atleast, to many people personally, thing about Relay for Life is it gives an oppurtunity for emotional healing. It gives an opportunity to remember loved ones lost to cancer, honor those who survived, and support those currently battling cancer. This is what this thread is about. You guys may not be aware of this but their were several members in CFT who actually had cancer or are survivors. I won't name names. As well, I'm not sure how open they are about it. And, actually, I haven't heard from several of them in a long time. But anyhow, this thread is open to remember those lost, support those battling, and honor survivors.
Prayers are welcome.

If you would like some more info about Relay for Life here is the link to their main site RelayForLife.org | Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back.

If you would like to find a Relay for Life near you here is a link where you can search for relays by your zip code. http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/coe?ZC=44077

Relays are open to the public even if they are not on a team. There is music, food, flee shops, and carnival games at relays. Around dusk there is a ceremony with luminaria (candles with anmes on them) are lit in honor, rememberance, and support. If you have any interest is buy luminaria you can buy them here from my relay for life page. You can also make a donation their online. All money from luminaria is basically a donation btw. http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayFor...nal&fr_id=16599

If for one reason or another you perfer to just make a donation without buying a luminaria your welcome to send me names via PM or e-mail and they will go on the back of a t-shirt I'm making which on the front will say I RELAY FOR and on the back the top section will be IN MEMORY OF.... than the middle section will be IN HONOR OF.... and on the bottom will be IN SUPPORT OF...

And, ofcoarse prayers are very very appreciated.

AND OFCOARSE YOUR WELCOME TO COME IN HERE AND FELLOWSHIP/GIVE HONOR/SUPPORT/REMEMBER REGARDLESS OF DONATION OR LACK OF.

Please no counting, abc's, more than 5 back to back posts
10 blessings per post after the 10th post
100 blessings for any care giver to a cancer patient
1000 to any survivor
1000 to anyone currently battling cancer.

The thread will close on the date of the relay or at the 2000 post unless, someone would be willing to help me cover the blessings so it could continue until the date of this years relay which by the way is June 27th.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.