Oklahoma City, OK
✟8,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two weeks ago my boyfriend of 5 months said he wasn't sure his feelings for me are as strong as they should be at this point. When asked if he wants to stop seeing me or if he needs a break, he tells me doesn't know yet but he is praying about it. Shocked by this whole thing, I told him to take some time to think and pray about it. Since then, I haven't hardly heard from him.

This whole situation has me really confused. I am trying my best not to harbor feelings of hurt, anger, or resentment. I felt like initially the Lord has called me to wait and be patient. I also feel the Lord has laid it on my heart to pray for him. My prayers are that the Lord lay it on his heart to seriously pray and think about us. That the Lord guide him towards his will and that if it is his will for us to be together that he lay it on his heart like a ton of bricks that he can not deny or run away from. That if it is not his will for us to be together, that there be great peace with his decision. I also pray that God lay it on his heart to talk to me about his decision. Giving him the strength and courage to do so. Lastly, I pray that if is not God's will for us to be together that he change my heart.

I have been praying about this multiple (2-3) times a day for the last 10 days. When ever God lays it on my heart. I sit down and journal my prayers to God.

I want to start healing from this and I want to start preparing myself to move on because I do not know what the future holds. I am having a hard time doing this with out feelings of anger and hurt. All I have is good feelings/memories that make me miss him and want to see him.

It would be a lot easier for me to move on if I knew it was 100% over. And to be honest, I would probably not be praying as hard about it. I feel that there is some confusion and that he needs prayer to help figure out God's will.

Any advice on how to heal and start moving on without feelings of anger and hurt?

Am I praying too much making things difficult for me to heal and move on?

Are my prayers selfish? - I want to be with him, but more than that I want God's will.

Last edited:

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't see a thing wrong with your praying, your prayers, or your prayer regimen. However, I do suspect that the boyfriend was letting you down gently and there's probably not much chance of him coming back in the near future. God may intervene. The b/f may regret his decision. But I think you have to start preparing mentally for moving on, even as you continue praying.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's selfish to be praying for healing or for him. You are focused on what's truly important: God's will. It doesn't seem selfish to want things to be fixed, but the fact that you understand God may have other plans and asking Him to change your heart to be okay with that demonstrates wisdom in you. Keep praying about it, trusting God and waiting patiently for what He wants for your life.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems like you are doing good things all around. Spiritually, everything you're doing is great. God will bless you because your focus is on him for help, no matter what ends up happening.

Upvote 0