Relating To The Music, not the lyrics.

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
I was just thinking how there's some songs out there that I can not only relate to the lyrics, but also the music. Like the actual music of it represents me, or the current situation, or my current state of being perfectly. I'll just make an example.

In the song Teenage Wasteland by The Who. I don't know, it just seems like the way the music flows, the beats, the rhythm, the intensity, the sound, all of it, it just seems like I can EASILY relate to the who feeling of it all especially at 17. And then at the end of the song, where the music climaxes into a frenzy of keyboard and guitar and mild drumming, it reminds me of a teengaer's life spirialing randomly and intensly throughour their adolescant years.

Hah does that make sense??? Am I crazy?

twosteppin

They didn't have you where I come from
Dec 24, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
✟18,232.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
for me, it would be "last train home" or "in her family" by the Pat methany group (can you tell I love the group). "in her family" is slow, sad, yet beautiful song that always reminds me of someone reflecting over something be in their life. "last train home" also always reminds me of a time relfecting and leaving something behind. In the song, it actually sounds like a train in the background, which makes me think of moving on. I relate to emotions and state of mind that the song makes me think of.
baba o' riley is a great song by the way. I can totally see the "teengaer's life spirialing randomly and intensly throughour their adolescant years," at the end of the song.

Upvote 0