Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well - heating seems to have kicked in again overnight :(

Now , before I get my brekkie I'm off to see why I had that HUGE fire engine at my gate - I suspect I know the answer BUT they used to send a much smaller machine up for those events

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It was indeed a HUGE fire engine - and had a very big high reach extending ladder thingy on top too AND there was a police car there :)

I've been down to the little park this morning [ it's opposite my gate ] and I suspect the local yobs were sitting there having a wee drink or two or more and possibly inhaling some 'stuff' when they felt cold and decided to light a fire in a rubbish bin ! This morning there's a rubbish bin beside a bench and they aren't normally close ;)

Oh the joys !!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Used to live in a house actually backing on to that park - so we got used to it. Never seen a big engine coming up before - you can get cars in from the main road and from the entrance opposite me. Strathclyde does have a Landrover fire engine for such places

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It is - but it has to be admitted that there are few places here where these youngsters can congregate - there are only 2 take-aways - a chippy and an Indian/kebab. Both would have been shut by then.There are no pubs or Youth Clubs , so they hang around on street corners and in the park. In a way I can't blame them.

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0

JoyToTheWhirled

Going where I'm led
Jul 18, 2007
✟30,337.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The local youths here congregate round my husband's church and climb on the roof. I tend to think there will be an accident one day. The church runs a youth group on Fridays, but a lot of the youths aren't allowed in because they are drunk or high. It's a safety thing for the other kids there. Such a shame the situation is that bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.