• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

REILLY's CCCVI - the Bard's Residence

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Anhelyna, Dec 31, 2015.

1. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,741
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Very dangerous conditions...

2. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    That's the wind really ;picking up now :(

Glad I'm not out tomorrow if it's going to be like this

3. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Morning all

The overnight wind in my area doesn't seem to have been too bad. I'm up having coffee etc though there's no Liturgy for me today .

The hardy souls attending the open-air Baptism today will be meeting up soon for their drive to Loch Lomond - I do hope it stays dry for them

4. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    We now have some sun and blue skies :) Yep - still a good breeze but it's not too bad - rather cold though.

Washing is done and now drying.

5. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,741
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Open air? Wow. Hardy indeed.

Weather is very cold here with the wind chill. But it is dry...

6. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    The Baptism went ahead - no option as our catechumens are baptised by Triple Immersion - today's young man [ he's 17] wore only a pair of black shorts and his sponsor was fully dressed [ padded jacket and furry lined trapper hat ] with rolled up trouser legs ! I've seen the video - it was very chilly even looking at it.

It's still very cold here , but the wind thankfully here has dropped. There's been a lot of damage :( One train was held up for 17 hours with passengers on board !!

7. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Morning all

Forecast is for snow and my phone shows it as snowing round the Church :(

Am staying home reluctantly so will be watching on Zoom

Now for brekkie

8. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    My garden is now snow covered :(

9. Lily76_

Lily76_ Pray for the Persecuted Supporter

+2,485
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    its snowed here last night woke up at 7 am this morning looked untouched snow so beautiful and God made this GOD MADE THIS
    Thank you, God, for making the earth and all its beauty Amen

10. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I agree snow , when untouched is beautiful BUT when the roads haven't been gritted and I want to go to Church it's a nuisance .

Most of it has now gone over here but I still have a little in my garden

11. Lily76_

+2,485
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    true , i cant go out without needing my husband to help me to the car or id fall over if it turns to ice tomorrow , morning sun got rid of some but its cloudy and could snow again my husband braving it and de iceing the car to get stuff we need that he forgot to get last night ,

12. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,741
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Afternoon everyone. :)

I see the snow on TV over there. Take care

We've had nothing like that here but it is cold...

13. Lily76_

+2,485
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    i fell asleep for a few hours , got the booster vax last night but I am feeling OK just sore arms and neck

14. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,741
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Good for you...:)

15. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I keep saying to folk , that the booster is not only for our benefit - it helps others - perhaps keeping someone's granny safe

16. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,741
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's true. It's about doing the right thing for everyone...

17. Lily76_

+2,485
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Good Morning Everyone i am awake early went to bed early last night unsure how long the side effects are for the Vax cant remember if its 24 hours or 48 hours it makes you unwell for , we both have high temps or my husband is hot once min then cold the next its been more than 24 hours

18. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Can't help you there I'm afraid :(

My first one [ AZ ] I'd a sore arm for about 5 days , the second AZ it was sore for a couple of days and I'd absolutely no problems with my Booster [Pfizer ]

My GodPapa had 2 AZs and felt rough after both of them.

Morning all - up and having coffee before our Monday prayers - it's cold and we may get some white stuff over the next couple of hours

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  19. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,741
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Good morning everyone. :)

It's a brisk dry start to the week over here.

I was fine after my first Pfizer jab and had a cold like feeling for a day after the second one...

20. Anhelyna

+15,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    This is a bit worrying - our FM giving an emergency briefing at 10.30 re the Omicron situation in Scotland - announced earlier this morning we have 6 cases of it. And this are the ones we KNOW about