Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't enjoy the beach currently, we're dealing with really severe Red Tide; to the point where local leaders have suggested using fishing vessels to scoop up the fish that have been killed before they all wash up on the beach (which of course, DeSantis doesn't want to pony up any money for)

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can't enjoy the beach currently, we're dealing with really severe Red Tide; to the point where local leaders have suggested using fishing vessels to scoop up the fish that have been killed before they all wash up on the beach (which of course, DeSantis doesn't want to pony up any money for)
Sounds horrific...

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds horrific...

It happens every year because agriculture for some reason cannot stop washing fertilizers out into the Gulf of Mexico, so we get these algae blooms that end up killing masses of fish which then wash up on the beach, in addition to causing respiratory problems in humans that are near the water due to the toxins that the algae releases. What's made it worse this year is that we had a fertilizer plant spill and of course the powers that be are simply ho-humming about the spill and doing nothing about it.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just got finished pouring here. We're in the rainy season now so we tend to get some precipitation every day, usually in the late afternoon or evening.

I went to the park earlier today and took a walk, but stormclouds were gathering and I saw some lightning, so I went home.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Morning all :)

Just having my coffee now before we have morning prayers today on Zoom.

I think I'll be hiding in the house today - it's going to be a scorcher - 70F and even hotter later in the week !!

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.