Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As you look back, do you have any regrets with your life? I find that I wish I had knew more when I was younger. I wish I had enjoyed life more when I was younger, I never seemed to have any real fun. I studied hard, when I was in High Shcool and college, but I wish I would have done better, and just had more balance in my life.

I wish I had taken my spiritual life seriously, I would have been so much farther along by now.

Also just had better social skills, and had more friends.

JulianaTheory

Feel worthless? To God, U were worth One Jesus!
Aug 2, 2005
Texas
✟30,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wish I would have been kinder to my Grandfather. He died in 79. He and I had too much in common, we were too hot headed. (I was only a child then)

I am thankful that through regrets, I have learned so much. I thank God for the wisdom that I have by having to go through various circumstances.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think the only thing I regret most was not being "spiritual enough" (basically back slidden) from the age of 18 - 27. I fell like I should have been accomplishing more for the Father, instead of living in this world and partaking all that it had to offer.

I mean, I know we all have out paths to travel and experiences to have which all works for His purpose, but still....I do wonder how much different would my life had been if I haad stayed on the "straight and narrow".:scratch:

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Everything I've done, up until this point, has made me who I am. How could I regret that?

BUT, the one thing I wish I could change is sex. I wasn't saved until the year before I was married (11 years ago). It turns my stomach to think of what I did before I was saved. That I thought so little of myself... And I've prayed for forgiveness, and I know God forgives me. But still...it can just haunt you.

I pray in time, I'll see how even that area of my life will be used to God's glory.

Upvote 0

brokenbananas

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2004
✟18,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've thought about this often -- regrets. Do I regret things in my past? Certainly there are choices that weren't so good for me; however, if I was always good at making good choices, I don't think I would've appreciated as much as I appreciate things now.

How best is the color White seen? Against the color Black. When the color White is displayed against a different color, it gives a different perspective.

There are so many things that have colored my view of life. Without those colors, it wouldn't be as bright as it is now. Sometimes we think with the absence of negative things in our lives, we think we'd be much better off. Would we?

I've used this illustration before. A tree becomes stronger not with the absence of wind, but with the winds of adversity. It also becomes stronger with the right nourishment: sunlight, night, water, nutrients, soil, wind. Trees are also pruned, so they can grow better. It's amazing how our lives can mirror a tree.

Sometimes through the tragedies, sadness, and sorrow of our lives, we recognize our need for God, and how awesome He really is. How sad for those who do not see this.

God's Word says in Romans 8:28, "All things work together for good to them who love the Lord and who are the called according to His purpose." God can still work things out despite my "screwups".

For each of you who have regrets, what have you learned? How has that changed you for the good?

Be Blessed,
Doris

Upvote 0