Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I doubt that American voters will like it, but if regime change is what the President is hoping for in Iran then he has my prayers and support. Any nation's leader who says "Israel will not be around in 25 years" is a threat to global stability (independent.co.uk, Dec 15, 2016).

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Iran is different from the Arab nations in the ME. It is more diverse culturally, and many of them trace their sense of patriotism back to Cyrus more than to Muhammad (in fact, Christianity is on the move big time in Iran, albeit under the radar). Like the general says at the end of that video, if any change occurs, it ought to be accomplished by the Iranian people themselves.

That said, a lot of support can be given from the outside. Back in 2009, obama stood by and let the brave Iranians twist in the wind during their tragic "Green Revolution", when we might have been done with the worst regime on Earth for the price of a little moral support. Trump knows this, got us out of the shameful nuke enablement deal and now is putting unprecedented sanctions on Iran, trying to strangle the Mullahs' totalitarian regime. It's working, to the relief of many of the nations of the ME, and I would submit a large reason for the current protests in the streets of Iran is that the people know a different kind of president now sits in the Oval Office.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Current News & Events forum.
Please note and abide by the SOP of this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That said, a lot of support can be given from the outside. Back in 2009, obama stood by and let the brave Iranians twist in the wind during their tragic "Green Revolution", when we might have been done with the worst regime on Earth for the price of a little moral support.

I've always wondered why the Iranian people thought Obama would help them in the first place? Especially when you consider who was advising him, people like Valerie Jarrett for instance who was on the side of the Mullahs and Muslim Brotherhood.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've always wondered why the Iranian people thought Obama would help them in the first place? Especially when you consider who was advising him, people like Valerie Jarrett for instance who was on the side of the Mullahs and Muslim Brotherhood.
I remember that period very vividly. I was very active on Twitter, which was an open platform at the time. Americans and Iranians joined hands and hearts across cyberspace. Many of us turned our icons green in their honor. We watched as citizen reporters had to drop out to avoid being caught, or because they had been.

I'm not sure what drove them back then. Perhaps all the ridiculous hype about obama being mankind's savior. Maybe his maiden trip, to Cairo, made them think they mattered to him. Maybe it was us cheering them on. But it was a bitter tragedy to watch them die because of our lack of support.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0