Regarding The Need For A Temple, and The Offering Of Sacrifices for Sukkot [moved]

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Malachi 4:4. Remember the Law of Moses, My servant,
Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel,
With the statutes and judgments.

Exodus 20:
22 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel:
You have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.
23 You shall not make anything to be with Me—gods of silver or gods of gold
you shall not make for yourselves.
24 An altar of earth you shall make for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I
record My name I will come to you, and I will bless you.
25 And if you make Me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone; for
if you use your tool on it, you have profaned it.

Ezra 3:
1 And when the seventh month had come, and the children of Israel were in the cities, the
people gathered together as one man to Jerusalem.
2 Then Jeshua the son of Jozadak and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and his brethren, arose and built the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings on it, as it is written in the Law of Moses the man of God.
3 Though fear had come upon them because of the people of those countries, they set the altar on its bases; and they offered burnt offerings on it to the Lord, both the morning and evening burnt offerings.
4 They also kept the Feast of Tabernacles, as it is written, and offered the daily burnt offerings in the number required by ordinance for each day.
5 Afterwards they offered the regular burnt offering, and those for New Moons and for all the appointed feasts of the Lord that were consecrated, and those of everyone who willingly offered a freewill offering to the Lord.
6 From the first day of the seventh month they began to offer burnt offerings to the Lord, although the foundation of the temple of the Lord had not been laid.

Ecclesiastes 1:
9 That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which it may be said,
“See, this is new”?
It has already been in ancient times before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things,
Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come
By those who will come after.

Last edited:

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there are no sacrifices, what are the priests and Levites going to eat?
Is everyone going to be spirit beings and not have to, or want to eat?
When Yeshua was resurrected He had flesh and bones and he ate honeycomb and broiled fish.
Luk 24:38-43 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? (39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (40) And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. (41) And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? (42) And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. (43) And he took it, and did eat before them.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If there are no sacrifices, what are the priests and Levites going to eat?
Is everyone going to be spirit beings and not have to, or want to eat?
When Yeshua was resurrected He had flesh and bones and he ate honeycomb and broiled fish.
Luk 24:38-43 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? (39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (40) And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. (41) And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? (42) And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. (43) And he took it, and did eat before them.
The levites eat the same as the other 11 tribes.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And Jesus fulfilled the whole ceremonial and legal law as he said, it is Finished. So we have no requirement to offer sacrifices of animals on alters etc.

No he didn't.

He was not saying that the law was finished.

Yahshua neither contradicts himself; nor his father's perfect Torah.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

This is what Yahshua said moments before he ascended:

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

He was leaving earth; and still all was not fulfilled.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The levites eat the same as the other 11 tribes.

Blessings Always
So there will be no difference between the priests and Levites and the other tribes, or there will be no sacrifices for them to have their portion of?

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So there will be no difference between the priests and Levites and the other tribes, or there will be no sacrifices for them to have their portion of?
The tribes are listed in Revelation.
And The High priest of The Order of Melchizedek is told to be Provision for all the tribes, levites included.

Hebrews 7:1-17

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The tribes are listed in Revelation.
And The High priest of The Order of Melchizedek is told to be Provision for all the tribes levites included.

Hebrews 7:1-17
So some of the things written in the scriptures aren't going to come to pass? This for example:
Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So some of the things written in the scriptures aren't going to come to pass? This for example:
Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
Far as I can see the levite priest yochanon(john the baptist) has done according to what the prophets have seen and spoken of.

John 1:35

Blessings Always

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No he didn't.

He was not saying that the law was finished.

Yahshua neither contradicts himself; nor his father's perfect Torah.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

This is what Yahshua said moments before he ascended:

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

He was leaving earth; and still all was not fulfilled.

Stay tuned!
Jesus fulfilled his mission he finished everything he set out to do.
There is now no need legally, morally or spiritualy for us to offer animal sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins or as an act of worship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
there are no sacrifices, what are the priests and Levites going to eat?

The purpose of animal sacrifice was not to feed he Levites, it was for the worship of God.

Revelation makes very clear that the temple in heaven is God, just as God is also it's light source.

We do not need to anticipate what God has prepared for his people in heaven. What ever is planned whether it is a splendid royal banquets or a Passover meal we will be eating it in the presence of our Saviour.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Far as I can see the levite priest yochanon(john the baptist) has done according to what the prophets have seen and spoken of.

John 1:35

Blessings Always
So John was the end of the Levitical priesthood?

• Useful
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The purpose of animal sacrifice was not to feed he Levites, it was for the worship of God.

Revelation makes very clear that the temple in heaven is God, just as God is also it's light source.

We do not need to anticipate what God has prepared for his people in heaven. What ever is planned whether it is a splendid royal banquets or a Passover meal we will be eating it in the presence of our Saviour.
Yes, animal sacrifices were used in the worship of God, but the priests and Levites ate of them.
What about in the millenial reign?
What about the temple written about in Ezekiel?
There are still a lot of things that have not come to pass yet.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, animal sacrifices were used in the worship of God, but the priests and Levites ate of them.

What about the millennium? The Jews in biblical times built a messianic scheme just as complicated as the various millennial schemes and they were all incorrect. Jesus did none of what they expected or did it in ways they did not recognise.

All we know for sure is Jesus is coming again.

Everything else is pure speculation and is worthless.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
What about the millennium? The Jews in biblical times built a messianic scheme just as complicated as the various millennial schemes and they were all incorrect. Jesus did none of what they expected or did it in ways they did not recognise.

All we know for sure is Jesus is coming again.

Everything else is pure speculation and is worthless.
Not everyone got it wrong. Many recognized Yeshua as the Messiah and knew He would be fulfilling the ben Joseph before fulfilling the ben David.

• Informative
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not everyone got it wrong. Many recognized Yeshua as the Messiah and knew He would be fulfilling the ben Joseph before fulfilling the ben David.

It always seems easier for non-Jews to paint Jews with a broad brush ...

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please provide the scripture that states," but the priest and levites ate of them".

Especially alone.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Yes; a minority recognized the truth. I see a pattern of this throughout history.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Please provide the scripture that states," but the priest and levites ate of them".

Especially alone.

Here are a few verses on that subject:

(CLV) Lv 6:18
Every male among the sons of Aaron, he may eat of it. It is an eonian statute throughout your generations from the fire offerings of Yahweh. All that may touch them is |holy.

(CLV) Lv 22:10
Nor shall any alien eat the holy thing; that is, a priest's guest or hireling shall not eat the holy thing.

(CLV) Lv 22:11
Yet when a priest buys a soul, an acquisition with his silver, he may eat of it; also his homeborn, they may eat of his bread.

(CLV) Lv 22:12
In case a daughter of a priest bcomes to have an alien husband, she/ may not eat of the heave offering of the holy things.

(CLV) Lv 22:13
Yet in case the daughter of the priest becomes a widow or is driven out and she has no seed and so she returns to the house of her father as in her youth, of her father's bread she may eat; yet not alien at all may eat of it.

(CLV) Lv 22:14
And in case someone eats a holy thing inadvertently then he shall add a fifth of its value onto it, and he will grestitute the holy thing to the priest.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So John was the end of the Levitical priesthood?
Deuteronomy 14:28-30
James 1:27

I see twelve tribes and more fulfilling this with sincerity.

Acts 2

They continued faithfully in the teaching of the emissaries, in fellowship, in breaking bread and in the prayers. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many miracles and signs took place through the emissaries.

44 All those trusting in Yeshua stayed together and had everything in common;

45 in fact, they sold their property and possessions and distributed the proceeds to all who were in need. 46 Continuing faithfully and with singleness of purpose to meet in the Temple courts daily, and breaking bread in their several homes, they shared their food in joy and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having the respect of all the people. And day after day the Lord kept adding to them those who were being saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0