new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good article. It really is. If they removed the speaker of the house and Schumler and put two others in their place then the democratic party would come forward and work for the people and work things out. Pelosi refuses to cooperate. that to me is an insult to the american people as they are partying while we suffer.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So Trump comes up with a pretty good offer and where are the Democrats refusing to say a word except for no.

Where is their counter-offer?
None to be seen.

All politicians that refuse at this time to come to the table should be voted out as soon as possible.

Political grandstanding.

And still the people suffer.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So comes up with a pretty good offer

what good offer?
"and still the people suffer".....thanks to person 1

do the airports need to shut down before he does anything?
more and more TSA's are calling off work and others are quitting to get jobs to support their families

why work and not get paid; TSA's don't get paid enough to work this long w/o pay

so many work and live paycheck to paycheck but he doesn't care; he can't relate
there are people who are in real danger now

danger of not paying their mortgage/ losing their houses
people choosing between medical care and electricity
(these are real people's stories being shown on our news)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
So Trump comes up with a pretty good offer and where are the Democrats refusing to say a word except for no.

Where is their counter-offer?
None to be seen.

All politicians that refuse at this time to come to the table should be voted out as soon as possible.

Political grandstanding.

M-Bob

The House has passed several spending bills to reopen the government and offered to discuss border security after that. This is their offer.

And, if you want to start a discussion on reasonable compromise, I wouldn’t open with a link to Fox News - especially Judge Jeanine. At least it wasn’t Hannity, he would have been a worse opener.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
to reopen the government and offered to discuss border security after that.

And, if you want to start a discussion on reasonable compromise, I wouldn’t open with a link to Fox News - especially Judge Jeanine. At least it wasn’t Hannity, he would have been a worse opener.

I like that after that that ain't no offer.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Give DACA a fast track to citizenship and let's call it a deal.

Of course throw in a little wall or fence for Trump to be fair.

M-Bob

I think that would be a fair deal. However, the far right wing of the Republican Party would probably not go for it. Word is that they are already complaining about the minimal DACA protections that Trump offered.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Give DACA a fast track to citizenship and let's call it a deal.

Of course throw in a little wall or fence for Trump to be fair.

M-Bob
I think that would be a good compromise. The DREAM Act for money for his wall. Though I would prefer if they just horse traded for that after passing a clean CR.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Refusing to come up with a compromise -- hurts ALL THE PEOPLE

Where was Judge Jeanie a year ago when the Democrats offered to support legislation that would have provided $25 billion for "THE WALL" in exchange for a path to citizenship for the Dreamers/DACA?

President Trump, in his infinite wisdom, refused to compromise and dismissed the deal!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Ironically Democrats for decades have supported improvements and other wall related stuff... then Trump won and now they act as if they never wanted anything to do with the wall. This has nothing to do with politics, just simple Trump hate.
You mean in 2006 when they supported comprehensive border security reform?
Secure Fence Act of 2006 - Wikipedia

Or in 2013 when they also supported a comprehensive border security plan?
Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 - Wikipedia

Neither time did Democrats support just a “wall” as proposed by Trump.

Also, the 2013 bill was blocked by Republicans (32 no votes in the Senate - all Republicans, not brought for a vote in the Republican led House). Why is it that Republicans were against border security when Obama was President but are now holding up the government for border security?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean in 2006 when they supported comprehensive border security reform?
Secure Fence Act of 2006 - Wikipedia

Or in 2013 when they also supported a comprehensive border security plan?
Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 - Wikipedia

Neither time did Democrats support just a “wall” as proposed by Trump.

Also, the 2013 bill was blocked by Republicans (32 no votes in the Senate - all Republicans, not brought for a vote in the Republican led House). Why is it that Republicans were against border security when Obama was President but are now holding up the government for border security?
Still they wanted to do things with the border. Which now they claim theres not much wrong with and immigrants should just come in illegally. Especially in caravans.

I do realize some Republicans were stubborn during Obamas time. But two wrongs don't make a right. Its why I say politics is just about adults who usually act like children in a school yard still.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Still they wanted to do things with the border. Which now they claim theres not much wrong with and immigrants should just come in illegally. Especially in caravans.

I do realize some Republicans were stubborn during Obamas time. But two wrongs don't make a right. Its why I say politics is just about adults who usually act like children in a school yard still.
They don’t say nothing is wrong. They say a border wall (especially without other reforms) is not the answer and that during a shutdown is not the time to negotiate a solution to a complex problem.

The bills supported by Dems in the past were not the same as what is being proposed now.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Given that the American people, by an overwhelming margin, blame Trump for the shutdown, and given that the people he has taken hostage are blaming him, the democrats have little incentive to reward him for taking them hostage.

You never reward people for doing that; they'll just do it again.

Upvote 0