Refusing to be vaccinated against Covid-19 is a ’sin’ & anti-vaxxers must spend their life repenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Earliest news out of South Africa is that it is a "blessing" and not dangerous.

For the life of me, I cannot believe that God would forgive us at this moment. But, I will take it. His ways are not ours.

we’ll see. God knows what He’s doing with us.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All this stuff can be true, because these individuals are actually connected to people on Athos, but it is a shame they do not take more seriously the need for proper citations, ascriptions, and etcetera because it all looks like a big game of telephone.
Yes.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Earliest news out of South Africa is that it is a "blessing" and not dangerous.

For the life of me, I cannot believe that God would forgive us at this moment. But, I will take it. His ways are not ours.

Regarding the news coverage, people on the interwebs are freaking out about this factoid:
upload_2021-11-29_10-30-37.png

Upvote 0
Nov 25, 2021
Private
✟16,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You make a good case for why you've chosen to be vaccinated. But, I wonder, doesn't your position depend on a presupposition that the vaccine is safer, in the long run, than the pandemic? There haven't been any mid or long term studies done...the Bible, as well as the Church (with the exception of our contemporary leaders) has always taught us that we shouldn't trust such a world...

Your logic is that because "the world" that produced a new treatment for an emergent disease is the same world that legalized abortions, it is enmity against God to be vaccinated. "The world" also produces cancer treatments, life saving medications that many people rely on to survive, and yes, cars, planes, telecommunications (including the internet). Yours is a straw man argument.

But I am not here to argue. I came to this thread to share about why I am vaccinated, my personal direct experience with an abreaction to medication (a stroke at age 21), how my grandmother was orphaned during the last pandemic and forced to marry at 15, and that I believe we have a moral obligation to prevent suffering and death as far as we are able.

I am disabled and stress exacerbates my conditions, so I respectfully offer that you have declined vaccination, I have received vaccinations, and there is little sense in creating further excitement or harm over decisions that have already been made. God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your logic is that because "the world" that produced a new treatment for an emergent disease is the same world that legalized abortions, it is enmity against God to be vaccinated. "The world" also produces cancer treatments, life saving medications that many people rely on to survive, and yes, cars, planes, telecommunications (including the internet). Yours is a straw man argument.

But I am not here to argue. I came to this thread to share about why I am vaccinated, my personal direct experience with an abreaction to medication (a stroke at age 21), how my grandmother was orphaned during the last pandemic and forced to marry at 15, and that I believe we have a moral obligation to prevent suffering and death as far as we are able.

I am disabled and stress exacerbates my conditions, so I respectfully offer that you have declined vaccination, I have received vaccinations, and there is little sense in creating further excitement or harm over decisions that have already been made. God bless you.
Disabled?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I'm not arguing either. But your incorrect definition of my motive for not being vaccinated is the only straw man that I can see. The Church has always taught that we may not support the murder of children, and that if we choose to benefit from scientific research that is conducted using bodily cells stolen from murdered children, we show our approval to those who do such things. This Tradition is my motivation. I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No early treatment. All overweight. Almost a guaranteed outcome.

probably. However, even so, the two that went on vents were not vaccinated...that is what I found interesting. Could mean something or not. I mean the 2 on vents may have received a higher viral
load...or other such factors that may have a worse outcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Hi, and welcome!
I'd suggest that you take the time to read through the thread. Oversimplifications have already been addressed, and most agree that there are nuances to both sides of the argument. IMPORTANT: I restrict the use of "argument" to intelligent disagreement that is interested in arriving at the truth; and use the good old-fashioned English word "quarreling" to refer to disagreements where one or both sides are not interested in hearing the other side. So you certainly don't wish to quarrel, and may or may not wish to argue intelligently, but you DO have an opinion you are taking the trouble to express. But I can understand why some may not be interested if it is not evident that you have considered what those you disagree with have already said here.

We agree with a lot of what you say. I think NO one here would deny that we should strive to prevent suffering and death as far as we are able, and suggesting otherwise would itself be a straw man argument. The journey for the honest majority involves discovering HOW it is that anyone could have the temerity to disagree with them. A refusal or utter lack of desire to discover that is what is called "bigotry", which is essentially thinking "Those that disagree with me are merely stupid or crazy; they cannot possibly have intelligent reasoning (however mistaken) behind their position".

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite honestly, why has this thread been able to thrive for so long? Why haven't our mods here shut it down? I've never felt farther apart and seen more quarreling in TAW than in this thread. We used to get into big tussles over evolution 5 or 6 years ago, and they'd get shut down after a while for good reason. I would be one of the naughty instigators as well! I wish this would go quietly in that not-so-good night. Mods, anyone? Can we get back to 'normal' threads?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the new normal Gurney.
I've seen the news on those people detained at Howard Springs, Australia's covid camps -- think it was three people, all of whom have tested negative for covid -- "escaped" from the camp (really? as if they're convicts). Unreal. This all must be so unsettling and unbelievable for you, John. :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.48.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.48.40 PM.png
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've seen the news on those people detained at Howard Springs, Australia's covid camps -- think it was three people, all of whom have tested negative for covid -- "escaped" from the camp (really? as if they're convicts). Unreal. This all must be so unsettling and unbelievable for you, John. :(
Yeah, the present elected leader of the Northern Territory is making Victoria's Premier Dan Andrews look like an amateur.

Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Quite honestly, why has this thread been able to thrive for so long? Why haven't our mods here shut it down? I've never felt farther apart and seen more quarreling in TAW than in this thread. We used to get into big tussles over evolution 5 or 6 years ago, and they'd get shut down after a while for good reason. I would be one of the naughty instigators as well! I wish this would go quietly in that not-so-good night. Mods, anyone? Can we get back to 'normal' threads?

I would like to thank the moderators for allowing debate on an extremely important issue which is being censored on the internet, namely about whether this vaccine is safe or effective in ending a pandemic.

Respectfully gurney, you don’t have to click on the thread or contribute. I welcome your thoughts but don’t welcome your attempts at stifling debate. This thread is about providing information for people before they make an important decision on their health. A decision which everyone is being forced to make. I am not surprised that some, even many, may not like to hear about what the media is trying to hide. The truth can often times be hard to swallow. But as long as I see dangers and I can warn others, I will, so God help me. He will judge and it’s His judgment I am most concerned about.

In fact there are countless articles I find and don’t post here because I know it can be distressing to people who have already received the jab. So I am sensitive to that and try my best at giving just enough to cause the reader to do their own investigation and research. And I am not saying that people have to put their trust in me. I am a faceless poster on the internet. Rather, I urge others to not so easily put their trust to the talking heads on the tv but rather do their own research.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.