• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Refusing to be vaccinated against Covid-19 is a ’sin’ & anti-vaxxers must spend their life repenting

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Antoni, Jul 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,379
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    California's Governor Newsom recently had his booster shot and has apparently suffered serious adverse reactions, disappearing completely from public view.

My daughter has seen a number of her friends get Covid, including two coworkers. All who were vaccinated got seriously ill. The one who wasn't vaccinated shrugged it off.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Antoni

Antoni Active Member

+425
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    At what point does a critical thinking observer wake up?

Sorry video won’t embed…

3. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+17,272
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord have mercy

4. ArmyMatt

+17,272
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    that is one of the rumors, but I am pretty sure he made an appearance earlier today.

5. Dorothea

Dorothea One of God's handmaidens

+2,526
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    An update on what's to come, told to us by Fr. Elpidios.

6. ArmyMatt

+17,272
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    thanks, Dot! will look at this!

7. Dorothea

+2,526
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    You're welcome. :)

8. Andrei D

Andrei D Well-Known Member

+722
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I just went now for the flu shot. Just recently had the second dose of COVID... soon I'll need the third. Now rumor is we'll have the booster every 6 months but not decided yet. This is turning into continuous vaccination... I could have gotten flu in one arm and COVID booster in the other at the same time, too, if I wanted... If the model (following the pattern of Windows updates) holds, some are bound to cause blue screen of death :D

14 days to flatten the curve, guys...

9. abacabb3

abacabb3 Newbie

+415
    Christian
    Married
    Having had Covid and not being vaccinated, I personally did not just shake it off. As for Newsom, he has reappeared and looks healthy.

10. abacabb3

abacabb3 Newbie

+415
    Christian
    Married
    please delete

11. abacabb3

abacabb3 Newbie

+415
    Christian
    Married
    I appreciate your cynical critique, yet still submitting yourself to the inoculation. Thank you for your national service, comrade!

12. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

+2,387
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Yeah I remember that. Im like how did it go from flatten the curve, to you better get your two shots or you won't be allowed to work and feed your family.
    If it's any consolation pills are on the way so you may avoid the next jab in 6 months. Heck they may even be selling them over the counter.

13. Melily

Melily Active Member Supporter

+203
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Same here.
    I’ve wondered the same as well.

14. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,379
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Were you given any early treatment?

15. Dorothea

+2,526
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    I saw a doctored video of Newsom. Trying to make it look like he had bells palsy. It was a pretty horrible attempt. Anyway, there was a rumor that he may have gotten Guillain Barre Syndrome. Kim Iversen's relative got that from the shot, and you can't tell from a person's appearance that he/she is suffering from it.

16. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it

+2,957
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    EU Lists Spinal Cord Inflammation Probable Side Effect Of JNJ's COVID-19 Shot: Reuters

17. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it

+2,957
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Ah yes, I was wondering when Jews would be blamed...I guess everyone has their own definition of Zionist and Zionism? I saw in another post that Peter (around 30-33 AD) was a Zionist LOL...living IN Israel (Zionism was established by Theodore Herzl in 1897)! Saying that implies that the Jewish people do not have the right to self determination and in reality, IS anti-semitic. There are Torah observant Jews who are Zionists as well as Jews that are atheists and even Christians. Your blanket statements show ignorance. What is "the Yahweh"? You know King Soloman is an Old Testament Saint of The Church? Your 1 + 1 = 3 math is getting very tiresome...

What is anti-Zionism?

Anti-Zionism is a prejudice against the Jewish movement for self-determination and the right of the Jewish people to a homeland in the State of Israel. It may be motivated by or result in anti-Semitism, or it may create a climate in which anti-Semitism becomes more acceptable.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  18. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+4,103
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I think the essential trouble is that many people, in our modern world of unclear thought, use unclear language and undefined terms.
    Chesterton would be classified by many as a Zionist - IF you take the definition you offer, which I think legitimate, as it is linked to the idea of the Jewish homeland.
    Some have a narrower meaning, applying it to a small number of families of incredibly wealthy Jews who use their wealth to dominate world business and politics. However, by now enough of those plutocrats are non-Jewish that the old stereotype is much harder to apply, AND the concern of the plutocrats for the Jewish homeland is much more incidental, making that usage less legitimate. The Holocaust changed so much, and ended so many old stereotypes.

The word "antisemite" is mostly used illegitimately, and does not mean what it says. Jews are not the only Semitic people, which makes its usage one of "bait and switch". At any rate, most people do NOT mean to refer to non-Jewish Semites when they use the word, making its usage inaccurate at best. Speaking impersonally, not directing anything at anyone here, saying "anti-Jew" would be straightforward. But "intellectuals" DO love to muddle issues; those that coin such terms - for nefarious purposes, and the rest (when a word is introduced) - to show off their use of foreign languages and make themselves sound more sophisticated than they really are (vanity). But when a word achieves popular coinage (in our time through control of centralized media and education, rather than by conscious popular agreement) people just use the word without thinking, because that is how they were taught to speak. No ill intent, just no thought or concern about what words mean. But since we want to be wise as serpents, as we discover such truths, we should stop using the wrong words.

Since our Lord was a Jew, being an anti-Jew Christian is something of a contradiction in terms. And while we are under no special obligation to the Jewish state of Israel, as some Protestants would have us think that we are, the Church being the new Israel, it seems equally wrong to be opposed to the Jews having their own homeland. It would be like wishing for a homeless man to remain homeless, writ large on the scale of a whole people.

19. Justin-H.S.

Justin-H.S. New Wineskins

+937
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    So, now that they are pushing boosters, what sort of message does that send to the rest of us who haven’t been vaccinated?

To me it sounds like the vaccinations aren’t doing very well if boosters are needed throughout the year in order to maintain an immune system that the unvaccinated retained by just not getting vaccinated in the first place.

20. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+2,317
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    What Solomon did during his state of apostasy is evil, nonetheless, even if by repenting he was restored to sainthood. I meant only what the Saint (Paisios) meant. Is/was Paisios anti-Semite? If he is then so am I. But he is not anti-Semite. I'm the one who made the statement earlier that Peter had momentarily come under influence of the evil spirit of this world while being unaware of it in the least. He was then upbraided by Christ. This is as clear as a bell ringing in a calm and starlit winter's night. A child can know it.

But, from now on I'll just say antichrist when talking about any groups who operate under the influence of the dark spirit of this world, because that's what it is, in reality. And the people who work for that spirit will bear the same name of the spirit they work for.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.