Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one can prove there is no such thing as reformed Egyptian either.

I can't prove there isn't an 80 legged parrot that looks at rocks in a hat to translate the Rosetta Stone either.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I can't prove there isn't an 80 legged parrot that looks at rocks in a hat to translate the Rosetta Stone either.
Then you can't rightfully state that there is no such thing as an 80 legged parrot that looks at rocks in a hat to translate the Rosetta Stone.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then you can't rightfully state that there is no such thing as an 80 legged parrot that looks at rocks in a hat to translate the Rosetta Stone.

Nor can you say there is a Heavenly Mom.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No one can prove there is no such thing as reformed Egyptian either.

LOL! Not even close to the same thing! There is very early Egyptian writing, there is very early Hebrew and Aramaic writing---reformed Egyptian resembles none of the above. Of it were real, you could not help but find similarities. There are no one horned goats, horses, or anything else that exists today--except for the rhino--to compare to a unicorn.

The original Hebrew is the word which was translated monokeros in the Septuagint and unicornis in the Latin Vulgate. Later versions use the phrase “wild ox.” The original Hebrew word basically means “beast with a horn.” One possible interpretation is the rhinoceros.
by Matt Slick
In 1611, when the KJV was produced, the translators used the word "unicorn" to translate a single Hebrew word, רְאֵם reym, because they didn't know what the original Hebrew word meant. It is the English that critics complain about, not the original Hebrew text. Let's take a look at a few of the verses in the KJV that use the word "unicorn."

• Job. 39:9-10 KJV, "Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? 10Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?"
  • Psalm 22:21 KJV, "Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns."
  • Isaiah 34:7 KJV, "And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."
  • See also KJV in Num. 23:22; Nu. 24:8; Deut. 33:17; Psalm 29:6; 92:10.
In every occurrence of the English word "unicorn," it is the same Hebrew word ראם reym.
רְאֵם [râʾem, râʾeym, reym, rem /reh·ame/] n m. From 7213; TWOT 2096a; GK 8028; Nine occurrences; AV translates as “unicorn” nine times. 1 probably the great aurochs or wild bulls which are now extinct. The exact meaning is not known. 1
  • reem or רְאֵים reem or רֵים rem or רֵם rem (910b); from 7213; a wild ox:—wild ox(7), wild oxen(2).2
  • 8028 רְאֵם (reʾēm): n.masc.; ≡ Str 7214; TWOT 2096a—1. LN 4.1–4.37 (most versions) wild ox, aurochs, i.e., an extinct, long-horned, ancestor of the domestic cattle, Bos primigenius bojanus (Nu 23:22; 24:8; Dt 33:17; Job 39:9, 10; Ps 22:21[EB 21]; 92:11[EB 10]; Isa 34:7+), note: kjv, lxx, VULG. translate as a single-horned animal, such as rhinoceros or mysterious unicorn; 2. LN 4.1–4.37 unit: בֵּן רְאֵם (bēn reʾēm) adolescent wild ox, i.e., a non-domestic ox likely under two years old (Ps 29:6+) 3

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And so there you go again---instead of taking a statement and showing me how I exaggerated or changed things, you just complain I did. It is on this site, with actual Mormon literature and all you guys' statements here that I say what I do. I just cut out the pretty words and cut to the chase.
Right, you cut out the pretty words and substitute your vitriolic words that are not what we believe.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Right, you cut out the pretty words and substitute your vitriolic words that are not what we believe.

Not vitriolic---I just cut to the chase and say it like it is. You want to sugar coat it and make it look like something it isn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not vitriolic---I just cut to the chase and say it like it is. You want to sugar coat it and make it look like something it isn't.
No, I tell people how it is, you tell them a rag tag yelling lesson on what JS teaches. Sorry, but you get quite passionate when you respond.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, I tell people how it is, you tell them a rag tag yelling lesson on what JS teaches. Sorry, but you get quite passionate when you respond.

Good grief---I take the milk out of the sandwich and replace it with meat. I take the lipstick off the pig---I take the frosting off the cake---I tell it like it REALLY is!

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Good grief---I take the milk out of the sandwich and replace it with meat. I take the lipstick off the pig---I take the frosting off the cake---I tell it like it REALLY is!
No, you tell it how you think it is, and many times it misrepresents what we believe.

Upvote 0