Reformed/Calvinist on science and evolution.

stenerson

Apr 6, 2013
✟14,161.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It seems one of the biggest objections nowadays to evangelism is the subject of evolution disproving the veracity of the scriptures.
Personally I believe everything in the Bible, though I have not the knowledge or school to engage in scientific debate with a nonbeliever.
How do the reforms churches in general deal with this issue? Does Ken Hamm's position during that highly publicized debate more or less agree with Reformed folks?

stenerson

Apr 6, 2013
✟14,161.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well I'll give my take on it first... I don't believe there are any true atheists since Romans tells us that God has revealed Himself, the reality of His existence and Creatorhood through the things that are seen.
That being the case I believe the gospel is the only thing that can change people's heart.. But how do we deal with the science related objections?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
But how do we deal with the science related objections?

Hi Stenerson, there are plenty of books and recordings by Reformed authors that can help get you started. RC Sproul, the self-proclaimed Creation "agnostic" finally found the time to thoroughly study the subject and is convinced the Bible teaches a literal 6-Day Creation (pretty amazing for a guy who used to write prefaces for books on Day-Age Creation by Dr. Hugh Ross). He and several other authors at Ligonier have a number of resources available (it looks like Keith Mathison's ePub is free), so take a look there. Ligonier.org for "Science"

MacArthur has a great series on science and faith as well. You can find that one here + many others (most downloadable for free): Grace to You

And here's an online sermon from a Sproul/Ligonier Conference with MacArthur teaching Message 7, The Challenge of Science. Message 7, The Challenge of Science from Contending for the Truth: 2007 National Conference Conference by Various Teachers from Ligonier Ministries

Upvote 0