Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good luck finding a Reformed Anglican Church today, the Calvinist/Arminian divide and union between the two, just does not seem to work where people are concerned. It's curious and interesting, sounds great in principal but in practice...I have doubts. Be like finding a Calvinistic Methodist Church today...a rare jewel indeed!

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From what I've read most Anglican churches labeled Reformed lean toward Pentecostalism.

Strange, mighty strange...somehow doubt the Calvinistic Anglicans of old had those leanings especially considering the period of time when Pentecostalism as a movement came into Church history...sigh...so always Reforming isn't necessarily a good principal...though hope for correction remains.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've been attending an Anglican Church for a long time now. I might as well become a member. The biblical liturgy, the prayers, the worship, all of it has been positive. The Church I've been attending has a liberal priest but he doesn't allow his liberalism to enter into the homily or worship and follows the Anglican Forumlaries but this parish exists in a bubble, the rest of Anglicanism has been infected with liberalism, that is a concern. For now I'll continue to attend.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
PS: I'm even taking part in Lent this year!

Upvote 0