Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So is there are particular work by John Piper that you like?

At the moment, seeing that im dealing with sexual sins, it would be the 4 hour series of womanhood and manhood. It highlights so much about understand who I am at its core and the responsibilities I have for being a woman and a child of God.

I'm also working on reading his book " Designed for Joy: How the Gospel Impacts Men, Women, Identity, and Practice"

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At the moment, seeing that im dealing with sexual sins, it would be the 4 hour series of womanhood and manhood. It highlights so much about understand who I am at its core and the responsibilities I have for being a woman and a child of God.

I'm also working on reading his book " Designed for Joy: How the Gospel Impacts Men, Women, Identity, and Practice"
BTW, what I wanted to mention was, you give some good advice on related issues on some other threads. I have read someplace that some Christian husbands and wives feel that a controlled, moderate amount of careful, consensual BDSM is beneficial for them. I'm not sure what I think of this; I don't expect you to speak as a married person might, but wondered if at all in more general terms what your hunch might be about this.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BTW, what I wanted to mention was, you give some good advice on related issues on some other threads. I have read someplace that some Christian husbands and wives feel that a controlled, moderate amount of careful, consensual BDSM is beneficial for them. I'm not sure what I think of this; I don't expect you to speak as a married person might, but wondered if at all in more general terms what your hunch might be about this.

I saw your question and just had to reply to it. My hunch would be that any BDSM whatsoever is a deed of the flesh and is not beneficial to anyone. The problem with fleshly practices is that people are deceived into thinking that if it makes them feel better for a day or two that it is beneficial. Nothing could be further from the truth. Lewdness is one of the sins leading to death, and I would put BDSM in that category. It is something that feeds a sinful addiction, and the practice of it can only lead to further addiction and more intense practices.
TD:)

• Agree
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I saw your question and just had to reply to it. My hunch would be that any BDSM whatsoever is a deed of the flesh and is not beneficial to anyone. The problem with fleshly practices is that people are deceived into thinking that if it makes them feel better for a day or two that it is beneficial. Nothing could be further from the truth. Lewdness is one of the sins leading to death, and I would put BDSM in that category. It is something that feeds a sinful addiction, and the practice of it can only lead to further addiction and more intense practices.
TD:)
Depending on definition, there may be a good deal of truth to what you say; I would add that what I read - I forget where - was in terms of married couples practising some form of it consensually. Depending on definition, it might have referred to little more than the habit of dressing up privately; I don't know. I don't claim to have the answers to the context I don't wholly understand. Thank-you for your comments.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Mskriskris Seeing as you seem to have given a lot of thought to these sorts of subjects, would you simply agree with @tdidymas , above, maybe?

oh i totally agree, I would go as far as how we have even treated sex, sexuality, identity, we totally distort the meanings of it for flesh. Like with BSDM, the appeal is that as long as its consensual and rules are laid down, that whipping can spice things up. They are even pushing that in school to get kids "educated". But its basically sexualizing abuse.

The funny thing is that tabloids often expose the fruits that come from that such as "oh even though you're involving physical inflicted pain, and maybe you should be exploring why its such an addiction for you that its not normal from what sex is actually suppose to be, don't worry! As long as there is consent, its actually quite sexy, and dangerous, and alluring!"

Oh Lord, have mercy on us. We think its okay, and turn blindly to all the dangers.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
oh i totally agree, I would go as far as how we have even treated sex, sexuality, identity, we totally distort the meanings of it for flesh. Like with BSDM, the appeal is that as long as its consensual and rules are laid down, that whipping can spice things up. They are even pushing that in school to get kids "educated". But its basically sexualizing abuse.

The funny thing is that tabloids often expose the fruits that come from that such as "oh even though you're involving physical inflicted pain, and maybe you should be exploring why its such an addiction for you that its not normal from what sex is actually suppose to be, don't worry! As long as there is consent, its actually quite sexy, and dangerous, and alluring!"

Oh Lord, have mercy on us. We think its okay, and turn blindly to all the dangers.
Thanks for your very thoughtful comments. I'm inclined to agree with a lot of what you say.

I guess for some ppl BDSM might refer to liking to dress up and to moderate form of it. But I'm not sure it's best to use the term, if so. (If this makes sense?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks for your very thoughtful comments. I'm inclined to agree with a lot of what you say.

I guess for some ppl BDSM might refer to liking to dress up and to moderate form of it. But I'm not sure it's best to use the term, if so. (If this makes sense?)

I mean if you were to give the Disney version of sexualizing physical affliction, yes it would sometimes have some roleplay stuff going on.

But what do I know? I've never done such things.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean if you were to give the Disney version of sexualizing physical affliction, yes it would sometimes have some roleplay stuff going on.

But what do I know? I've never done such things.
...and I wouldn't be asking for any details even if you had. But you seem to have given related matters a great deal of thought, from your various posts, right? thanks.

Upvote 0