Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me if it is not written in proper English, I used google translate to translate the document because my native language is Dutch, not English.

I would like to share my reflections about all kinds of matters of a Christian's life of faith. I myself am not a good Christian. I have many mistakes, I try to change myself and in many ways I succeed. Yet sin will always be in me. Try to think and come to God to ask if it is true what I am saying. I do not know it in the end either.

We can think and reason, but the reasoning knows many forms. The deception, after all, also consists of reason. The reason is something dangerous. I see many sharing their reasoning on the internet, but they differ so much from what is written. We should set aside our own reason, and only use the reason in what is written. We should as much as possible refer to what is written. We should as much as possible be able to trace our own reasoning to what is written. I see many people preaching and I almost never see them say: because Christ said this, or, Paul said this. No. People want to find honor in what they say, but if what we say is really truth, then we have no honor in what we say. Because it is written that every one of us is a liar.

So when we speak the truth, it does not come from us but from the Holy Spirit. So we can only seek honor and glory for ourselves when we lie. Because when we speak the truth, it is not from us but from the Holy Spirit. And then it is as it is written, that all honor, God is due. Many times, my flesh comes up when I have written something. My flesh then defiles my thoughts with honor for what I have written. The best thing is to drive these thoughts away, they can not come from God. God does not give honor to another for what he himself has done. That makes sense. So when I write something and I see people like it, I should not have thoughts that give me honor . I hate such thoughts and chase them away. Because the honor does not lie with myself, when I speak the truth but with the Holy Spirit, that is Truth.

So I want to urge everyone, when they have thoughts about something spiritual, to realize where the truth comes from. So I would ask each of you not to be like Moses, who pressed the rock with his stick and said, I will give water. God did not like that, because Moses did not give the honor to God, but to himself. Therefore, if we accept honor over that which God does, then we do not live in a good relationship with God. All honor is with God, all honor and praise must be directed to God. And when we proclaim God's word, we should say that if it is truth that we proclaim, it comes from God and not from ourselves. I think that is an important point.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me if it is not written in proper English, I used google translate to translate the document because my native language is Dutch, not English.

I would like to share my reflections about all kinds of matters of a Christian's life of faith. I myself am not a good Christian. I have many mistakes, I try to change myself and in many ways I succeed. Yet sin will always be in me. Try to think and come to God to ask if it is true what I am saying. I do not know it in the end either.

We can think and reason, but the reasoning knows many forms. The deception, after all, also consists of reason. The reason is something dangerous. I see many sharing their reasoning on the internet, but they differ so much from what is written. We should set aside our own reason, and only use the reason in what is written. We should as much as possible refer to what is written. We should as much as possible be able to trace our own reasoning to what is written. I see many people preaching and I almost never see them say: because Christ said this, or, Paul said this. No. People want to find honor in what they say, but if what we say is really truth, then we have no honor in what we say. Because it is written that every one of us is a liar.

So when we speak the truth, it does not come from us but from the Holy Spirit. So we can only seek honor and glory for ourselves when we lie. Because when we speak the truth, it is not from us but from the Holy Spirit. And then it is as it is written, that all honor, God is due. Many times, my flesh comes up when I have written something. My flesh then defiles my thoughts with honor for what I have written. The best thing is to drive these thoughts away, they can not come from God. God does not give honor to another for what he himself has done. That makes sense. So when I write something and I see people like it, I should not have thoughts that give me honor . I hate such thoughts and chase them away. Because the honor does not lie with myself, when I speak the truth but with the Holy Spirit, that is Truth.

So I want to urge everyone, when they have thoughts about something spiritual, to realize where the truth comes from. So I would ask each of you not to be like Moses, who pressed the rock with his stick and said, I will give water. God did not like that, because Moses did not give the honor to God, but to himself. Therefore, if we accept honor over that which God does, then we do not live in a good relationship with God. All honor is with God, all honor and praise must be directed to God. And when we proclaim God's word, we should say that if it is truth that we proclaim, it comes from God and not from ourselves. I think that is an important point.

James 4:14 You do not even know what will happen tomorrow! What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Reactions: JimBeta
Upvote 0