Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of "return to Judaism" movements in Christianity, they haven't brought unity.
His paper has nothing to do with a "return to Judaism", just a brief look that the Pharisees had a broad spectrum of followers. Some were against Christ, such as pre-conversion Paul, to secret followers such as Joseph of Arimathea.

I might add that due to the Jewish diaspora and missionary Pharisees (Matt 23:15), this set the stage for the early spread of Christianity by Paul during his missionary journeys. The focus of Pharisees was the synagogue and personal purity. Without these centers of Judaism scattered all over the Roman Empire, I imagine that Paul, and other disciples, would have found it harder to find a ready audience for the spread of Christianity.

Reactions: PeterDona
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This 3 page paper focuses on verses that show a different understanding of the Pharisees.

May all of the followers of God, all unite in Christ soon
re·demp·tion
/rəˈdem(p)SH(ə)n/
the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.

Only the Father redeems through His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
re·demp·tion
/rəˈdem(p)SH(ə)n/
the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.

Only the Father redeems through His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings.
Which has nothing to do with what the OP is trying to explain.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,292.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
His paper has nothing to do with a "return to Judaism", just a brief look that the Pharisees had a broad spectrum of followers. Some were against Christ, such as pre-conversion Paul, to secret followers such as Joseph of Arimathea.

I might add that due to the Jewish diaspora and missionary Pharisees (Matt 23:15), this set the stage for the early spread of Christianity by Paul during his missionary journeys. The focus of Pharisees was the synagogue and personal purity. Without these centers of Judaism scattered all over the Roman Empire, I imagine that Paul, and other disciples, would have found it harder to find a ready audience for the spread of Christianity.
I read it, and that's what it looked like to me.

moving on.

Since the foundation laid by colonialism is kind of gone, that wouldn't apply today.

There is no common ground or metaphorical vehicle to spread the gospel through in that manner to bring any form of unity.

Upvote 0