Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, DK, this is my kind of show. I have never outgrown a good rock show with laser lights, smoke, and great music. Probably never will. :) Hope they have them in heaven.

Thanx for posting.

~Jim

Yeah, I just hope my ears will hold up. I told my wife mabey they could turn it down just a little bit? She laughed and said I am getting old...

Of course, in the resurrection, I will have incorruptible ears. Does that mean I can have it as loud as I want then?

Peace...

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thousand Foot Krutch - TFK 'Move'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t-NnTt51-U&context=C42e1ee5ADvjVQa1PpcFNzvixOVTIV9BWDbzdhO9HX

You know, they played a song I haven't hear them play in a long time, 'Puppet', from their first album 'Set It Off' 2001. It was the first christian concert I took my oldest daughter to in 2002. She was only 3 years old. I would have gotten video, 'cept I was so excited that they were playing it that I was moving and yelling and singing to much to take the video.

Peace...

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I just hope my ears will hold up. I told my wife mabey they could turn it down just a little bit? She laughed and said I am getting old...

Of course, in the resurrection, I will have incorruptible ears. Does that mean I can have it as loud as I want then?

Peace...
^_^ I do hope they crank it up a little bit on the other side. I like it like that ... maybe too much! During the 1990's I promoted 50 Christian concerts with charting artists, mostly for the youth of East Texas, many of the LOUD. We called them "another L&O concert from Daystar"--L&O was code for "loud and obnoxious" (the kids knew what it meant). Today I have hearing loss and am supposed to wear hearing aids. It's a real hassle (there is a lot of stuff I just DON'T want to hear :)). My audiologist said my hearing loss is the result of standing too close to the stacks of amps at those concerts. Oh, well.

~Jim

`

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I hope not. :)

`

I had a V-8 ,32 Ford I made into a "Hot Rod" , it had smitty mufflers, it was louder than a straight pipe Harley. Thought it was the greatest sound in the universe.

But that was back in 1948, but now, Loud, distorted sounds really get my goat. When they step on that distortion pedal, the notes slip into the cracks.

It's a rare old man who doesn't love peace and quite.:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
^_^ I do hope they crank it up a little bit on the other side. I like it like that ... maybe too much! During the 1990's I promoted 50 Christian concerts with charting artists, mostly for the youth of East Texas, many of the LOUD. We called them "another L&O concert from Daystar"--L&O was code for "loud and obnoxious" (the kids knew what it meant). Today I have hearing loss and am supposed to wear hearing aids. It's a real hassle (there is a lot of stuff I just DON'T want to hear :)). My audiologist said my hearing loss is the result of standing too close to the stacks of amps at those concerts. Oh, well.

~Jim

`
I have constant ringing in the ears. Most of the time I don't even notice it but I know why I got it. Say, how much are those hearing aids anyway? :)

Upvote 0