✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
According to Mike Huckabee,

“There’s a part of that story that hasn’t been told, you’re going to be the first to hear it,” Mr. Huckabee said, Mediaite first reported. “Once Sarah and her family left, of course Sarah was asked to please vacate, Sarah and her husband just went home. They had sort of had enough. But the rest of her family went across the street to a different restaurant.

“The owner of the Red Hen — nobody’s told this — then followed them across the street, called people, and organized a protest yelling and screaming at them from outside the other restaurant and creating this scene,” he said."

Mike Huckabee: Red Hen owner followed Sanders family to another restaurant

This is so sad. But the good news is that it only helps Trump.

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If this is true (I don't take Mike Huckabee's word on it)....but if this is true, these people are deplorable. I don't see how Sanders' political views justify kicking her out of the restaurant...but even if someone does, how does it justify harassing her family?
The progressive left is the new face of fascism in the US. They approve of using violence against people who's beliefs they disagree with. They want to limit the freedom of speech against those they disagree with. They protest against anyone on the conservative side of politics. They blame white people for just about anything...and blame straight men for everything else. They promote racial and gender segregation and call it "safe spaces". They no longer wait for facts or evidence....if they person accused is a man in a position of power, they just assume guilt.

It's a much longer list...but I don't want to turn this into a full page post. The part that sickens me is that they're so dishonest about it...and lack any real sense of self analysis. They blame Trump for the rise in hate groups...as if all those things I just listed can't possibly have anything to do with it. They'll blame white men for everything they see wrong today....even if they have to reach decades or centuries into the past to come up with an example. Then in the very next breath they'll tell you they aren't racist and white men aren't under attack.

I honestly hate Trump...nearly everything the man says or does reveals his ignorance, stupidity, and incompetence for the office he holds. I think he's well on track to go down in history as the worst president ever...and the only thing that could stop him is a heart attack that kills him.

The problem is that in spite of the embarrassment our current president is....I honestly don't want the left to do any better this election than they did the last election. I don't think they should gain any seats....at all. Our current president may be slowly sinking the United States further and further towards a failed state....but the things the left wants to do would send the nation rocketing towards failure.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm basing it on precisely as much evidence as Mr. Huckabee offered.
upload_2018-6-25_22-29-54.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
I just took a look across the street from the Red Hen. I don't see any restaurant for a significant length along Washington or Randolph Sts. Also, really curious that this protest event didn't get reported by the news, especially since it occurred only shortly after the time of the request to leave, and would have far more impact on the community than the request to leave a restaurant.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
According to Mike Huckabee......says it all. It's foolhardy to believe him.

As for this helping Trump. Jeepers, how pathetic that he feels the need to seize on this to boost himself up. President Obama didn't seize upon Joe Biden being denied service during the 2nd campaign. He won on his own merits. Trump bullying the little restaurant on Twitter, making petty comments about it when the restaurants he owns has been cited for ample violations, they had none. Smh.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I just took a look across the street from the Red Hen. I don't see any restaurant for a significant length along Washington or Randolph Sts. Also, really curious that this protest event didn't get reported by the news, especially since it occurred only shortly after the time of the request to leave, and would have far more impact on the community than the request to leave a restaurant.
"I just took a look" out the window?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
According to Mike Huckabee......says it all. It's foolhardy to believe him.

As for this helping Trump. Jeepers, how pathetic that he feels the need to seize on this to boost himself up. President Obama didn't seize upon Joe Biden being denied service during the 2nd campaign. He won on his own merits. Trump bullying the little restaurant on Twitter, making petty comments about it when the restaurants he owns has been cited for ample violations, they had none. Smh.
The restaurant owner has said she would (if given the chance) again deny ask Sanders to leave. Given this, it's fair to comment on her actions.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The restaurant owner has said she would (if given the chance) again deny ask Sanders to leave. Given this, it's fair to comment on her actions.

Certainly it's fair to comment on her actions, but Christians should be honest about it. I think Huckabee has pulled the rest of it out of his rear end. Trump's gleefully bullied the owner, which is immoral & pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Well, I think the really rich part is Mr. Huckabee's assertion that the restaurant owner 'squandered an opportunity to have a thoughtful discussion about her political differences with his daughter'.

Really? He really wants us to believe that if the owner had come out and said to his daughter, 'Hey, can we sit down here for a 30 minutes or so and talk about all the issues concerning your political position', that his daughter would have just said, 'Well yeah, honey, come on and pull up a chair and sit right down and let's talk'. Really?

Spinners only spin. Sometimes I wonder if many Trumpites actually hear the words they say.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys,

Well, I think the really rich part is Mr. Huckabee's assertion that the restaurant owner 'squandered an opportunity to have a thoughtful discussion about her political differences with his daughter'.

Really? He really wants us to believe that if the owner had come out and said to his daughter, 'Hey, can we sit down here for a 30 minutes or so and talk about all the issues concerning your political position', that his daughter would have just said, 'Well yeah, honey, come on and pull up a chair and sit right down and let's talk'. Really?

Spinners only spin. Sometimes I wonder if many Trumpites actually hear the words they say.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Makes me wonder if her daddy has actually watched her press briefings where she's best known for stalling & obfuscating.

Upvote 0