Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been hearing nearly every year for 25 years that a red heifer has been born in Israel.

If you don't know, the ashes of a red heifer are required to consecrate any Jewish temple that may be built in Jerusalem. Personally I don't believe that another temple will ever be built in Jerusalem, but that's beside the point.

Given the current political climate on the temple mount, how long would it take for it to resolve itself to the point that a Jewish temple could possibly be built?

Considering the lifespan of a cow is about 20 years, could a red heifer born in Israel today possibly herald the building of a third temple?

MMDave3

Apr 9, 2018
Western New York State
✟25,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Given the current political climate on the temple mount, how long would it take for it to resolve itself to the point that a Jewish temple could possibly be built?
Never, as long as the Dome of the Rock is there. Israel would have to go in with the military and forcibly remove (and likely kill) the Muslims there and bulldoze the mosque.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been hearing nearly every year for 25 years that a red heifer has been born in Israel.

If you don't know, the ashes of a red heifer are required to consecrate any Jewish temple that may be built in Jerusalem. Personally I don't believe that another temple will ever be built in Jerusalem, but that's beside the point.

Considering the lifespan of a cow is about 20 years, could a red heifer born in Israel today possibly herald the building of a third temple?

Actually, the breeding of these "red heifers" has been going on for quite a few years. It's not "a single cow" ... it is a "pure bloodline of the red heifer".

I also believe the temple will never be built. I'm with you on that.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

SvN.7

May 2, 2018
Sydney
✟27,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

There were news of a red heifer being born in Israel just a few weeks ago, and if it has no blemishes for the first 3 months of its life, then it could be considered acceptable for the sacrifice.

I guess we gotta wait and see...

Never, as long as the Dome of the Rock is there. Israel would have to go in with the military and forcibly remove (and likely kill) the Muslims there and bulldoze the mosque.

Not necessarily. The temple institute said they could build the temple near the dome, or somewhere south-east of Jerusalem.

I'm not saying the temple will be or must be built, but the dome doesn't have to be removed before the Jews can begin the construction of the temple.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi if the prophecy of Daniel 9 is talking about the same period of time as Revelation making the 70th week of Daniel the tribulation then the temple is going to be built and in the middle of the week the sacrifice will be stopped. The book of Rev john was told to measure the temple and not the outer courts as it had been given to the Gentiles. The Dome of the Rock may not be where the Temple Mount was and could indeed be part of the outer court area. There is evidence that the Temple had running water going through it for all the washings and all. There is a spring below the Dome that would be suitable. Josephus records you could not see the temple coming into Jerusalem but could see the Antonio fortress. This is where the Dome sits.
Hosea 3 links the return of the kingdom with the return of the sacrifice. 4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days. In Rev and in Zech we see the kingdom coming to earth. Rev 11 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” Zech 14
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.[fn]
6 It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
7 It shall be one day
Which is known to the LORD—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.
8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. Those verse about living and reigning with the LORD on the earth if taken literally show here the LORD is not coming alone and that life continues on this planet after He comes. 16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
This passage has the LORD being declared king coming with His saints and ruling from Jerusalem. This is when Satan is bound for 1000 years and the beast and false prophet are sent to the lake of fire and the nations will not be deceived again until Satan is loosed at the end of the 1000 years. The preparation for the sacrifice and the return of a red heifer is important. It is also staged with Israel a nation and now in control of Jerusalem at time when global government is being moved forward and that moral conditions match the apostacy and immorality described for the end times. If it were not going to be a literal fulfillment then why is every aspect of the literal view lining up in current events?

• Informative
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How long did it take Chernobyl to be habitable after the nuclear incident?

I'm going to say that's how long it will take for Jerusalem to resolve itself such that a temple can be built, because your going to have to turn the area around it into glass, along with her inhabitants.

That said, happily there are multiple red heifers born in every nation on earth most likely, every single year.

It's not like their rare. I used to have one.. she was a lovely girl. Used to lick me when I cleaned the water trough. She lived a happy life, probably she was my favorite one.. although our milk cow was close.

I would be remiss if I didn't remind you that heifers are only heifers until they are cows though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, the breeding of these "red heifers" has been going on for quite a few years. It's not "a single cow" ... it is a "pure bloodline of the red heifer".

I also believe the temple will never be built. I'm with you on that.

God Bless.
How long did it take Chernobyl to be habitable after the nuclear incident?

I'm going to say that's how long it will take for Jerusalem to resolve itself such that a temple can be built, because your going to have to turn the area around it into glass, along with her inhabitants.

That said, happily there are multiple red heifers born in every nation on earth most likely, every single year.

It's not like their rare. I used to have one.. she was a lovely girl. Used to lick me when I cleaned the water trough. She lived a happy life, probably she was my favorite one.. although our milk cow was close.

I would be remiss if I didn't remind you that heifers are only heifers until they are cows though.
Interesting info.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The ashes could certainly last more than 20 years, but whatever.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Earthquake Damages Temple Mount:
Earthquake Damages Temple Mount and Shechem

Could be a natural disaster or simulated natural disaster (which is what the Palestinians might presume) that facilitates the construction. Just speculation but worth considering. The linked article states the Palestinians blamed the quake on 'tunneling.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The ashes could certainly last more than 20 years, but whatever.
Has anyone ever tested ashes to see how long it would last?
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust......

Ezekiel 27:30
They will make their voice heard because of you;
They will cry bitterly and cast dust on their heads
They will roll about in ashes;

LUKE CHAPTERS 19, 21, 23 AND REVELATION "DESTRUCTION OF JERUSALEM 70AD"

Matthew 11:21
“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
Luke 10:13
“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

Revelation 18:19
They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great City, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth!
For in one hour she is made desolate.'

Lam 2:10
The elders of the daughter of Zion
Sit on the ground and keep silence;
They throw dust on their heads
And gird themselves with sackcloth.
The virgins of Jerusalem
Bow their heads to the ground.

Kindgdom Bible Studies Ashes of a Red Heifer Part 1

Numbers 19 is a most unusual chapter in the Old Testament. All the offerings in the Bible are bullocks and rams, but here there is an exception - a heifer, a female cow who has never given birth. All the offerings in the Old Testament are slaughtered and offered to God, but this offering of the red heifer, though killed and burned, is very different from the rest. While all others are offered to God to meet current claims - that is, the sin-offering, the burnt offering, or the peace offering according to the need of the day - the red heifer alone was not for the present need. It was offered to meet future needs. The ordinance of the red heifer stands alone. While other sacrifices are often brought before us, this one is recorded in no other part of Israel's history.

Through Moses and Aaron the Lord commanded the people to bring a red heifer - one without spot or blemish and which had never been under the yoke of service - and present it to the High Priest. The High Priest in turn gave the red heifer into the hands of Eliezer the priest to be taken outside the Camp and slaughtered there in his presence. It was not one of the sin-offerings of the Day of Atonement, nor was it one of the offerings of the people subsequent to the Day of Atonement - indeed, it was no "offering" at all, for no part of it was offered on the Lord's altar or eaten by the priests. It was sacrificed, but not in the same sense, nor in the same place, as these offerings - in the Court. It was not even killed by one of the priests, nor was its blood taken into the Tabernacle of His presence. The red heifer was taken outside the Camp of Israel, and was then killed and burned to ashes, - flesh, fat, hide, blood, etc. - except a little of the blood taken by the priest and sprinkled seven times toward the front of the Tabernacle (Revised Version). While the body of the heifer was being incinerated, Eliezer was to throw cedar wood, hyssop and scarlet thread into the burning fire. When all was consumed, the ASHES of the heifer were not brought into the Tabernacle, but were left outside the Camp, gathered together in a heap, and apparently accessible to any of the people who had use for them. Under the prescription of the law, a portion of the ashes was to be mixed with running water in a vessel, and a bunch of hyssop dipped into this water was to be used in sprinkling the person, clothing, tent, vessels, etc., of any one who contracted ceremonial defilement through touching or approaching a dead body. Thus, any one who became legally unclean through touching a dead body, was cleansed or purified by being sprinkled with water containing some of the ashes of the heifer. This "water of separation" could be used for other purification purposes. According to Num. 31:21-13, metal vessels captured among the spoils of war could be cleansed from idolatrous contamination by being passed through the fire and then sprinkled with this water.

Upvote 0