• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Recovery...academic and spiritual

Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
I don't quite know how to put it but I'm on the road to recovery in these two areas. In the past I've experienced a lot of deception about the direction my life was supposed to go and to make a long story short my spiritual life took a downward spiral. Now I'm recovering and at the moment there is nothing more that I'd like to do than drop everything and spend the next few days praying and meditating in the Word without any kind of distraction. Unfortunately that won't be so seeing that I'm still obligated to meet deadlines and such for assignments. I'm including God in these as well but I just feel the need to spend a lot of time getting built back up, so I could use as much prayer support. Thanks.

RSteel

Mar 13, 2005
Tennessee
Visit site
✟7,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, don't feel alone. The same situation happened to me. Never let your academic life interfere with your spiritual life. Never let your emotions interfere with your spiritual life. Never let your thoughts/emotions interefere with your spiritual life...honeslty, I just think everything is spiritual...in the end. Anyways, just wanted to comment before I tried to get some sleep...take care.

Upvote 0