• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Recovering the Reformed Confession?

Discussion in 'Semper Reformanda' started by Iosias, May 24, 2013.

1. Iosias

Iosias Senior Contributor

+215
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Prof. R. Scott Clark published Recovering the Reformed Confession a few years ago, it makes for an interesting read. John M. Frame posted a fascinating review also in which he concludes:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,379
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Unfortunately, the "concensus" of previously "reformed" believers has changed to where they are no longer "reformed".

Whereas, semantically speaking reformed means "re-formed" is it not an ongoing endeavor. The essentials of the faith must remain.

The church I recently joined, though claiming Presbyterianism, could not be convicted of such a statement. I find very little--except a few creeds--that even gives a shadow of what I know as Reformed Presbyterianism. I am about to ask if they wish to be Presbyterian again, and if not, I will gladly move on.

3. Apologetic_Warrior

Apologetic_Warrior Well-Known Member

+2,893
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I am always interested in books endorsed by John M. Frame.

4. Iosias

Iosias Senior Contributor

+215
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    That is to beg the question :p

5. DocNH

DocNH Junior Member

+18
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    John Frame is one of the finest theologians of our lifetimes. I was fortunate to have him as an instructor while in seminary. I just finished a review of his new Systematic Theology - God Glorifies His Lordship in Our Salvation (P&R may change the title still, we are not sure). We should be running the review in the next month or so. This is a must have systematic (and of course he has more coming ...).

6. Osage Bluestem

Osage Bluestem Galatians 5:1

+241
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others
    I read salvation is of The Lord by John Frame. I liked it.

7. Apologetic_Warrior

Apologetic_Warrior Well-Known Member

+2,893
    United States
    Christian
    Private
  8. Osage Bluestem

Osage Bluestem Galatians 5:1

+241
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others