✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TORNADO RECORD SET: 292 IN APRIL - AND COUNTING
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42768670/ns/weather-the_weather_channel/t/tornado-record-set-april-counting/

Well we know what has happened since this article was written last month with Joplin, Missouri and other states, plus Mississippi's horrible flooding. Tornado season officially is supposed to end this month, but with the current strange weather patterns, only God knows what is in store in the days and weeks to come.
I was watching the Weather Channel last week, and they are concerned with what the 2011 hurricane season is going to produce for June/July. We have cold Pacific waters according to them, and the jet stream is farther south. We are in an El Nina pattern with the cold Pacific waters. They say this is a perfect scenario to breed massive storms.
Here is what this is producing even on the West coast in California which isn't unheard of, but 3 in the same general area is. Last week in the city that I live in, a funnel cloud had formed in the sky about 10 miles from where I live. Needless to say, I was alert ^_^. We in California are known for earthquakes, NOT tornadoes.

Tornadoes reported in rural Northern California - California State Wire - fresnobee.com

From a Christian perspective, I think of this scripture:
Romans 8:22~ For we know that the WHOLE CREATION GROANETH and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
In our Spirits we yearn to be changed and redeemed, and the heavens and earth also travails in themselves for the new heavens and new earth. All things have a life cycle, even the heavens and earth....or you can call them birth pangs biblically.
I believe we are in that last final push before delivery.

Last edited:

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All things have a life cycle, even the heavens and earth....or you can call them birth pangs biblically. I believe we are in that last final push before delivery.

I agree...the beginning of sorrows has now become the time of full blown sorrows.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every time bad weather or natural disasters come up these posts follow right behind them.

I have a grandmother who swears every time I see her that she is on her deathbed. One day, she will be right. Never mind that she has been saying this for a decade or so now. One day she will be right, but it will be by statistical accident and not correct anticipation of that day. In the same way, doomsdayers will one day finally get it correct. One day, in some fashion, the world will end. But the doomsdayers will be right by statistical accident, not because of correct anticipation or a correct prediction.

Trying to divine the weather strikes me as nothing more than pagan superstition. I guess that if you try to divine the weather for doomsday signs long enough, one day you may get a doomsday event. But this will not be because of your abilities or forsight or bible interpretation or acute awareness or anything of the sort. If one day you happen to be correct it will only be by statistical accident. Or, as the old saying goes, a broken clock works twice a day.

In any case, the recent weather in Missouri and Alabama is not a sign of doomsday. For many, it was a doomsday sure enough, but a far cry from a sign the end of the entire world and history as humanity knows it.

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
TORNADO RECORD SET: 292 IN APRIL - AND COUNTING
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42768670/ns/weather-the_weather_channel/t/tornado-record-set-april-counting/

Well we know what has happened since this article was written last month with Joplin, Missouri and other states, plus Mississippi's horrible flooding. Tornado season officially is supposed to end this month, but with the current strange weather patterns, only God knows what is in store in the days and weeks to come.
I was watching the Weather Channel last week, and they are concerned with what the 2011 hurricane season is going to produce for June/July. We have cold Pacific waters according to them, and the jet stream is farther south. We are in an El Nina pattern with the cold Pacific waters. They say this is a perfect scenario to breed massive storms.
Here is what this is producing even on the West coast in California which isn't unheard of, but 3 in the same general area is. Last week in the city that I live in, a funnel cloud had formed in the sky about 10 miles from where I live. Needless to say, I was alert ^_^. We in California are known for earthquakes, NOT tornadoes.

Tornadoes reported in rural Northern California - California State Wire - fresnobee.com

From a Christian perspective, I think of this scripture:
Romans 8:22~ For we know that the WHOLE CREATION GROANETH and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
In our Spirits we yearn to be changed and redeemed, and the heavens and earth also travails in themselves for the new heavens and new earth. All things have a life cycle, even the heavens and earth....or you can call them birth pangs biblically.
I believe we are in that last final push before delivery.

Technology has enabled the detection and information sharing of these types of events...AND the population is many orders of magnitudes greater than 100 years ago. Also...when you understand climate change and effect on weather patterns...then it all makes sense. If I were you...I'd be looking to earthquakes and volcanic activity as a marker for where we're at in the end times. We should expect an increase in the number and intensity of earthquakes...like birth pangs. The birth of a New Age...

CC

Upvote 0