Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't so much a lesson as an invitation to review the ministry of Jesus from it's beginning till the time just after the resurrection. I realize it's been done before, I even own a book on the subject, I think they get it wrong. I don't know if there are enough here that have the patience to see this through but I thought it was worth a try. I choose this thread because I'm not interested in field some pseudo-intellectual modernist rationalizations. Basically you can cut and paste parts of say John in with Matthew, for instance. Jesus started his ministry with the Sermon on the Mount, I assume on one of the required feast days when all of Israel was supposed to be there under the law. He delivers in in the Kidron Valley just outside Jerusalem, the area accommodated some 40,000 people in the time of Ezra when he read the Law to them after completing the walls.

When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at His teaching, because He taught as one who had authority, and not as their scribes. (Matt. 7:28.29)

When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at His teaching, because He taught as one who had authority, and not as their scribes. (Mark 1:21, 22)
Following this sermon Jesus goes to Capernaum, which is on the northern shore of the Sea of Galilee. So he is in Jerusalem far south in Israel, meets with Nicodemus that evening (John 3) and returning to Galilee he has the conversation with the Samaritan Woman (John 4).

No need to get crazy with it, just a little bit of a comparative exposition. I'll monitor the thread to see if there is any interest.

Grace and peace,
Mark