west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We hear wonderful testimonies about one's confirmation of calling to ministry.

But after this point, have you ever reached a point where you were almost convinced that you must have misheard His calling?

How did God reconfirm His calling despite all the circumstances?

Reactions: Tone

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We hear wonderful testimonies about one's confirmation of calling to ministry.

But after this point, have you ever reached a point where you were almost convinced that you must have misheard His calling?

How did God reconfirm His calling despite all the circumstances?

Grace...Grace...His Wonderful Grace.

He Spoke deep into my heart and through other people and through all the circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise GOD yes. I pray this helps. One Sunday night before Church I said to the lord "I know you called me but.. can you confirm it again please. Your word says out of the mouth of two or three "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established" We went to Church. We had been going there for over 6-7 years. For the 1st time ever and then never since 3 people that one Sunday night said "you should be in the ministry you should be a preacher" so forth so on.

I must say that.. that was the fastest I have ever had that happen. Like I said.. no one had ever said that to me up to that night. Nor ever again. So lets not forget WHO our FATHER is :) as He said to Sarah "what is to hard for the lord"? I do NOT Like to boast.. forgive me but.. to help your faith.

We had lived in Glendale Calf and one day this pastor came knocking on our door. He went door to door inviting people to Church. Well after some years we moved to Colorado and after being there for some time. One night I was just talking to the lord.. not asking lol just chatting. I said "remember when that pastor came to our door? Can you do that again? We don't know what Church to go to." I was just..talking not praying lol. Well about a week later one night theres this knock on the door. I open it and theres this older man asking if we knew so and so. I said sorry we don't. He said thinks and started to leave. I watch him stop I can hear him say "NO.. God would not have me go to the wrong address for no reason" Come back gives me this card. Hes a preacher of a Church. And they teach everything we believed as in the WORD!

I am NO ONE... just simple KNOW He hears you. KNOW Him not by what you see in others hear feel. But FAITH. If His WORD says it HE will do it. Looking back.. all I can say was I just believed His word. Faith.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My calling to fashion design was a surprise. By the time it came His hand was evident. He’d revealed Himself in other ways that were clear to friends and loved ones.

Nevertheless, it was serious shift. I had a lot to learn and I wasn’t comfortable taking the usual road or capturing an outfit of the day for social media. I felt He desired more from me.

I started reading sewing sites and asking questions. After a while I began purchasing the tools I needed. Then I realized I’d mistakenly tossed the sewing feet with the machine I’d received. It was a gift. Thankfully, replacements were available.

Then I received a notification on a machine I was watching on Amazon. The price was a record low. I had a gift certificate. The difference in price was the identical amount for the replacement feet. So I purchased a new machine instead.

The new year came and Karl died. I felt tremendous grief at the loss of his creative genius. Reading the tributes was astounding. No two said the same. He did so much they couldn’t capture it in one sitting. He milked his talent to the bone.

That was the turning point. I found myself researching a woodworking class out of the blue. Even though I knew what existed in the city. I found an obscure reference to one in my area. I was shocked. I grabbed the last spot. Then I signed up for a sewing class.

When I met with my woodworking instructor. He asked what I wanted to make. I assumed we’d have class projects. But that wasn’t his style. When he asked what I wanted. I had an answer. Then he said, “you got a picture?” I pulled out my tablet and showed him. He laughed and said, “let’s do it.”

He went on to inform me that he’d had another student who made sewing furniture in his class. She was the lone one who did. My sewing class started a little later and I hit it off with the instructor.

I signed up for the next session and changed days. Our connection continued to blossom. I was stacking classes at that point. I mentioned moving to a different time that would give me a shorter day. She agreed and the stage was set for God to show out.

One day a classmate asked how my project was coming along. I showed her pictures. One of the students casually asked. “Who is your teacher?” I replied. Then she asked, “where are you taking classes?” I answered.

Then she walked towards me carrying her phone and casually said, “I know him.” She handed me the phone bearing the pictures of the pieces she’d made. They mirrored the ones in the wood shop.

I said, “I know you!” “He told me about you.” Then she laughed. My instructor looked at me. She smiled and nodded quietly. By this point we’d shared our stories and I discovered she’s a believer. I was moved to the advanced class because she felt I could handle it.

I knew what she was thinking. My spirit was doing backflips. The likelihood of that coincidence was next to none. But God arranged it. He wasn’t done. He’d provided someone to build a custom studio piece. And I was led to another who believed in Him as did most of my classmates. The atmosphere is wonderful.

I was content with this. But the crescendo was coming. It arrived on a flyer for an upcoming workshop. There’s a picture of a student who took classes with her. Someone mentioned her out of the blue. I heard them inquire about her time in London. Is she enjoying herself?

Then they said, she’s studying fashion design. My teacher shared the classes she’d taken and her decision to go to school overseas. And she looked at me. My eyes were glistening. She squeezed my hand and smiled.

The magnitude of what He’s done hit me later on. This is destiny in the making. Long before I found my way back to Him. He was developing my eye. Recognizing the steps He’s taken to bring me where I stand is overwhelming. And I’ve come full circle. He’s made use of everything.

I’ve never doubted my calling. I often looked for evidence in the past. I see traces of fingerprints hinting at today in my childhood. It’s comforting.

But this wasn’t my starting point. I served in places that weren’t related to my purpose. They provided experiences and tools I’d need. However, it didn’t feed my heart. The meantime is important nonetheless. It teaches you to wait and look to Him for guidance. He becomes your compass.

Delays and setbacks have a purpose. You will grow in gratitude and contentment if you’re wise and willing to forbear the discomfort for the lesson it provides. Stick with it.

~Bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0