✟8,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys,

I've been drawn to the Lutheran church for some time now, but I can't get past several things. Instead of listing them all and having chaos, I thought I would list one here and there just to get the sense of things. One of the biggest problems to me is the consistent teaching of a young earth. I know that there are resources for those who "doubt" a young earth but I don't find them compelling.

My biggest question is not if the earth is young, but does anyone operate in the conservative Lutheran circles and hold to "Old Earth" theory? If so, how do you justify it?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You will find people that hold Old Earth personally, but I do not believe you will find anyone of status in the LCMS or WELS that holds to it openly. It is one of the main reasons that the LCMS split, IIRC.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess the first question I have is are you a sort of old earth "creationist" who believes in something like a gap theory or do you believe in the old earth evolutionary theory like most atheists do? The second question is how "open" do you wish to be about your belief in this?

• Useful
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0