Recommend sub-board just for "rapture" dicussions

Should there be a separate sub-board to discuss the rapture topic?

• Total voters

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The "rapture" is probably the most discussed topic on the Eschatology board.

I did a search on the word "rapture" just by title and this board only and came up with these stats:

67,951 results

6,795 pages

I put up a poll for those who want to vote on it.
Thanks

edit to add:
I should have said a sub-board on the Eschatology board.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Saucy

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fictional "Left Behind" series of books and movies has become thoroughly embedded in the minds of many modern Christians.
What I often hear on this forum comes more from this work of fiction, than from what is found in scripture.

This fact is unfortunate, but it is something we must deal with on a regular basis.
Separating the word "Rapture" from "Eschatology" would be almost impossible at this point in time.

Based on thousands of pages of commentary and sermons, the word "rapture" would have been very rarely used in America's churches at the time of the Revolutionary War.

Most preachers of that time taught that Christ would gather His Church at the beginning of His Second Coming.

However, that was before John Nelson Darby showed up on our shores about the time of the Civil War, with his "Two Peoples of God" doctrine.

Since that time, millions of Christians have picked up bits and pieces of Darby's doctrine.

Darby's doctrine evolved out of Edward Irving's English translation of the book "Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty", written by the Jesuit priest Manual Lacunza. Lacunza wrote under the pen name "Ben Ezra- a converted Jew".

Irving taught some form of "Dispensationalism" at the Albury Conferences in the U.K.
After Irving died in 1834, Darby divided scripture into that for Israel and that for the Church, and became the doctrine's greatest salesman.

Genesis of Dispensational Theology

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Lacunza, Manuel, “Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty“
http://www.regal-network.com/dispensationalism/pdfs.htm

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_23.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_22.pdf

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The "rapture" is probably the most discussed topic on the Eschatology board.

I did a search on the word "rapture" just by title and this board only and came up with these stats:

67,951 results

6,795 pages

I put up a poll for those who want to vote on it.
Thanks
There will still be people who want to contest the rapture on a different board. A new board just for rapture discussion would only be redundant.

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There will still be people who want to contest the rapture on a different board. A new board just for rapture discussion would only be redundant.
Good point.
I should have clarified it by saying a new sub-board on the Eschatology board, since it has to do with future end times theology?

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a Suggest a Forum area in the supporters area. If you want a forum to be created or a safe house to be added, I recommend posting there. You could post a link to this thread in your post.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is a Suggest a Forum area in the supporters area. If you want a forum to be created or a safe house to be added, I recommend posting there. You could post a link to this thread in your post.
Thanks. Going there to post now....

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Going there to post now....

Good :)

Just FYI, often staff members don’t see suggestion threads like this if it is posted inside a specific forum. There are a lot of forums, so it is hard for them to monitor all of them constantly :) Staff will likely see more posts if you use forums like the one I posted above (and if desired, link to a thread like this one) or create tickets.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
The fictional "Left Behind" series of books and movies has become thoroughly embedded in the minds of many modern Christians.
What I often hear on this forum comes more from this work of fiction, than from what is found in scripture.

This fact is unfortunate, but it is something we must deal with on a regular basis.
Separating the word "Rapture" from "Eschatology" would be almost impossible at this point in time.

Based on thousands of pages of commentary and sermons, the word "rapture" would have been very rarely used in America's churches at the time of the Revolutionary War.

Most preachers of that time taught that Christ would gather His Church at the beginning of His Second Coming.

However, that was before John Nelson Darby showed up on our shores about the time of the Civil War, with his "Two Peoples of God" doctrine.

Since that time, millions of Christians have picked up bits and pieces of Darby's doctrine.

Darby's doctrine evolved out of Edward Irving's English translation of the book "Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty", written by the Jesuit priest Manual Lacunza. Lacunza wrote under the pen name "Ben Ezra- a converted Jew".

Irving taught some form of "Dispensationalism" at the Albury Conferences in the U.K.
After Irving died in 1834, Darby divided scripture into that for Israel and that for the Church, and became the doctrine's greatest salesman.

Genesis of Dispensational Theology

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Lacunza, Manuel, “Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty“
http://www.regal-network.com/dispensationalism/pdfs.htm

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_23.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_22.pdf

This isn't a debate. Its a suggestion for a new section. Any reason why you thought it necessary to clutter it up with irrelevant information? :neutral:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't a debate. Its a suggestion for a new section. Any reason why you thought it necessary to clutter it up with irrelevant information? :neutral:

If you think that information is "irrelevant" to the discussion, you must be a pretribber...

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
If you think that information is "irrelevant" to the discussion, you must be a pretribber...

Does it matter? Reread the OP. Its not a debate about the validity of the rapture. You're the only one inserting yourself into the thread and posting a bunch of material of your views vs. the OP regarding the rapture. That's not what the individual was asking for, and I'm sure its not what you would expect if you were making a similar inquiry for a new topic discussion section.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does it matter? Reread the OP. Its not a debate about the validity of the rapture. You're the only one inserting yourself into the thread and posting a bunch of material of your views vs. the OP regarding the rapture. That's not what the individual was asking for, and I'm sure its not what you would expect if you were making a similar inquiry for a new topic discussion section.

The links I provided reveal the history of the Pretrib doctrine.
Are you afraid of the historical written record?

Would you answer one question for the rest of us?

Are you are Pretribber?

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It’s true that it is off topic to the thread topic. I’m not an adherent to pre-tribulation theology, but I won’t debate it or discuss it in this thread, as the validity or history of the rapture isn’t the subject at hand.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This lie has been thoroughly refuted more times than I can count. Among other things, this doctrine was taught by about two dozen writers in the two hundred year period preceding Darby's picking it up. And there is zero evidence that Darby got it from Irving, whom he despised, instead of Lewis Way, who also spoke at the same conferences in which Irving spoke, and which Darby attended.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I voted Yes, and further think there should be a sub-sub-forum for former pretribbers who currently hold no known eschatological position whatsoever, but fat chance of that...

I am open to anything on prophecy - except full preterism - which is the position of not only CF but a couple of other boards I go to.

Rapture discussions should be free of outright PreTrib BASHING, but also not restricted to the Dispensationalism sub-forum, where I don't belong any more, at least not at this present time.

When I was a pretribber, I thought it irrelevant that the position was unknown before Darby, I mean -- if it was true -- what difference did that make? Now I see all this "research" about pre-Darby pretrib/dispensationalism, and it warrants investigation.

For me, long ago as a recently-saved college student, considering going into ministry in Methodist church, the LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH filled a void in the nothingness of what prophecy studies I was taught in Church, and I swallowed it whole.

That position was never challenged for me until I read Rosenthal's PRE-WRATH RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH, long after college.

But in school I had an entire course in Revelation, taught by the Amillennialist head of the department, whose two textbooks I flamed on the final exam without having finished either of them; I was lucky to get a D for the course. lol

There is already a pretribber Safe House, why not a Rapture sub-forum for all timings to be discussed?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I voted Yes, and further think there should be a sub-sub-forum for former pretribbers who currently hold no known eschatological position whatsoever, but fat chance of that...

I am open to anything on prophecy - except full preterism - which is the position of not only CF but a couple of other boards I go to.

Rapture discussions should be free of outright PreTrib BASHING, but also not restricted to the Dispensationalism sub-forum, where I don't belong any more, at least not at this present time.

When I was a pretribber, I thought it irrelevant that the position was unknown before Darby, I mean -- if it was true -- what difference did that make? Now I see all this "research" about pre-Darby pretrib/dispensationalism, and it warrants investigation.

For me, long ago as a recently-saved college student, considering going into ministry in Methodist church, the LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH filled a void in the nothingness of what prophecy studies I was taught in Church, and I swallowed it whole.

That position was never challenged for me until I read Rosenthal's PRE-WRATH RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH, long after college.

But in school I had an entire course in Revelation, taught by the Amillennialist head of the department, whose two textbooks I flamed on the final exam without having finished either of them; I was lucky to get a D for the course. lol

There is already a pretribber Safe House, why not a Rapture sub-forum for all timings to be discussed?
As I matured as a Christian, I had to shed a large number of concepts I had as a child and young man. But my studies in the prophetic scriptures have only convinced me more thoroughly that pre-trib, although it is only an interpretation of scripture, is the only interpretation that even approximately corresponds with the vast bulk of the prophetic scriptures.

What most students miss, is that the vast bulk pf the prophetic scriptures is devoted to the disciplinary process by which God will finally bring the rebellious nation of Judah (which is the Jews) to repentance. This is the great subject of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, along with The twelve minor prophets. While these prophecies go beyond this disciplinary period to the time when He will intervene to rescue them just before they are annihilated, most of the material gives various details about this period of discipline.

I never realized this until I began ti approach the subject of Bible prophecy from a new prospective. As far as I know, I am the first writer to do this. In my book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," which is also being re-negotiated with a publisher, I basically skip over the deep, symbolic, parts of the subject, concentrating instead on those portions which are explicitly stated in plain words. When I began to approach it in this way, I was surprised to find how very much was so explicitly stated in plain words, and the book eventually grew to more than 300 pages long.

But the vast bulk of this prophecy is about God's dealing with Judah, and the process by which He will finally bring them to repentance, so He will then be able to justly keep the ancient promises He made to their ancestors so many millennia ago.

Upvote 0