USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you want something budget friendly Tramotina is well regarded. They sell it at Costco at a discount. Many restaurants use it.

Here's a list of cookware made in the US.

~bella

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The last set purchased can't be used on high heat so researching this time. Finding it's pretty common but not what's wanted..

Any non-toxic cookware recommendations? Thanks!

Most modern cookware shouldn't be used on high heat - it's not toxic but it is damaging to the pans.

As Bella suggested, tramotina is really good, and budget friendly enough to abuse (if I want to cook on high, I do use my tramotina pans)

However, pans that shouldn't be used on high heat usually really are excellent heat conductors, and you can do much of your cooking over medium. I've had excellent results with most of my cooking on medium using all-clad brand - but they are more expensive than tramotina, although you can periodically hit up a Macy's sale and get better prices)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wrought Iron

I think you mean cast iron, and its also an excellent heat conductor such that high heat would be too high, you'd likely burn your food.

Cast iron takes longer to heat up, but when it does, it's pretty hot.

Upvote 0

Davorah

Ora et Labora
Sep 19, 2021
Pacific Northwest
✟17,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
researching this time.
I think I might know a little of what you're going through trying to find suitable cookware. I just about wore myself out trying to find what I needed. I was wondering, will the high heat be on the stove top or in the oven? Will you be using your cookware to fry on high heat? Lengthy boiling?

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I think you mean cast iron, and its also an excellent heat conductor such that high heat would be too high, you'd likely burn your food.

Cast iron takes longer to heat up, but when it does, it's pretty hot.
That's funny ....I can't believe I did that....thank you for correcting me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for responding. Yes tired of searching. Will reevaluate the high temp aim because we dont fry foods.

Have a stainless steel set and cast iron purchased much earlier but it's difficult to clean compared to non-stick. But looks like non-stick might not be healthy.

Dont know what happened to a couple of the posts?

Will definitely look at America's Test Kitchens and especially check out the cookware made in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for responding. Yes tired of searching. Will reevaluate the high temp aim because we dont fry foods.

Have a stainless steel set and cast iron purchased much earlier but it's difficult to clean compared to non-stick. But looks like non-stick might not be healthy.

Dont know what happened to a couple of the posts?

Will definitely look at America's Test Kitchens and especially check out the cookware made in the US.

Generally with non-sticks you just want to avoid overheating, most especially if there's nothing in the pans. A good rule of thumb with them is just not to warm them on the stove empty - always make sure you have a little oil or something in them, and be a little more vigilant when first heating up.

I'm not sure about these new non-sticks though... I bought a ninja foodie non-stick pan this last summer because I wanted a high sided, heavy bottomed 3 qt. and it's supposedly made differently, the claim is that you can even use metal utensils in it. And while the instructions are the same as any other cookware for care, it just seems more resilient as a whole, a far cry from what non- stick was in the early days of non-stick cookware.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
All-Clad had a seconds sale periodically. Sign up to be notified. Marshalls and TJ-Maxx used to carry Le Creuset seconds. The blemishes are barely noticeable. You may find pieces here and there.

Upvote 0