• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Recent Shootings Spur Pastors to Call Out White Supremacy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SummerMadness, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,616
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    No -- we actually hate them -- white supremacist.

Although we have been taught to pray for our enemies.

Some probably do not understand that?

M-Bob

2. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Active Member Supporter

+251
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That is how you know this Racism/White Supremacy claptrap is demonic. It stokes self-righteous pride, which obscures the forgiveness that is in Christ Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+10,450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    What do you think it is that you're engaging in?

4. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,661
    Atheist
    Private
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,518
    Christian
    Do you have any information that demonstrates his motivation for the shooting was related to his politics? Please read the OP article before you ask an uninformed question.

6. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes the difference between human effort and living and walking in the Spirit. The former will give momentary relief and comfort, the latter eternal.

7. redleghunter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Indeed:

“For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.”

8. redleghunter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The new influence to recruit and indoctrinate is social media and other internet outlets. That goes for all the extremist violent doctrines. The El Paso shooter came from what we would call a normal professional family living in the suburbs. Parents had no affiliations with any extremist groups. The typical working class family which both parents worked and given their professions long hours. Meaning a hard working family.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. redleghunter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I’m also a bit taken aback with all the politicians pushing back on people offering prayers. Really shows where the heart is.

I posted this from Christianity Today:

I’m a Shooting Survivor. If You’re Going to Pray for Us, Here’s How.

10. iluvatar5150

+10,450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yes, it shows that their hearts are hardened to transparent, facile appeals to religion that provide cover for the much larger problem of inaction and lack of desire to solve a problem. Many politicians and other leaders are quick to offer prayers but slow to do or say anything that would challenge the idolatry of their gun-worshipping base.

11. redleghunter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The issue is these recent shootings as in the case of Garlic festival shooting multiple extremist ideologies are spouted by the shooters.

Dayton Gunman Had Been Exploring ‘Violent Ideologies,’ F.B.I. Says

12. redleghunter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I guess we could judge the genuineness of whether or not people actually pray. But that would be a bit judgmental.

13. iluvatar5150

+10,450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Their prayers could be perfectly sincere. But at some point, the person praying needs to actually do something.

14. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,518
    Christian
    Yet the only violent ideology that had people complaining is white supremacy... Other extremist ideologies? No problem, let's explore and address them. As soon as it's white supremacy, it becomes time for obfuscation, including trying to turn a white male into a non-white Hispanic.

15. Tigger45

Tigger45 St Francis Supporter

+7,543
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I think its good that denominations and individual congregations “call out white supremacy” to show a united front against any plague contrary to the Lord’s command “to love thy neighbor” but if racial equality is not already “business as usual” for any Christian body then they have work to do starting with confession and repentance.

16. Hammster

Hammster Buckeye Newshawk Award Winner Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,242
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Preach the word in season and out of season.

17. Tigger45

+7,543
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    No sure how that applies to my post.

18. Hammster

Hammster Buckeye Newshawk Award Winner Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,242
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Because we need to preach the gospel. If that’s not preached, then there’s no need to mention racial equality.

19. Tigger45

+7,543
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    But my post wasn’t limited to preaching nor did it infer negating the Gosple.

20. tall73

tall73 Sophia7's husband Supporter

+2,685
    Christian
    Married
    I was speaking with a pastor recently who visited with many from a white supremacist group in their homes, and eventually they came to accept the gospel, and turn away from their hateful ideology.

The gospel does show that Christ died for all. We should therefore see people of all races as loved by God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List