• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Recent Set Backs

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello to all of my friends. To those of you I do know, Hi Again! It's me, and I hope to be visiting more often. To those of you I don't know, Hi, nice to meet ya!

I had been off of all my meds since January, due to lack of insurance. I had just gotten myself onto some insurance, but not into a doctor, before the meltdown last week. :s I just got out of the hospital Tue. morning, and am having a rocky road at home because I am still unable to sleep as I should be.

The good news is, that God has blessed me every step of the way, even ensuring that I had a way to get back to my favorite therapist, who isn't even on my insurance plan.

Way to go, God! And thanks to the loving support of my best friend and room mates, I think I'm gonna pull through this thing again.

A little high today, but not too high. ;)

Pats

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Pats, and welcome back. I think I remember you from a few posts, but you disappeared before I really got to know you. :hug: In any case, good to have you back with us, and good to know that you are back on track towards getting meds and doing better. I'm sorry that you weren't able to avoid the meltdown, but God is good - providing a way to see your favorite therapist, how awesome!! :)

Keep us updated on how you are doing, and feel free to join the crowd at the coffee shop thread. :) :hug:

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pats!! Sp glad to see you back. So sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time. Hope to see more of you! Adding my prayers to Bikers that you can sleep well again. May you crawl up into Papa God's lap and sleep like a baby! Hugs and prayers!

Reactions: Pats
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi pats I seem to recall seeing you around for a while, but I can't remember much detail yet.

Good to see you back here, you are most welcome.

Yes not sleeping can be the pits! I truly feel for you!

Wishing you the very best, staying calm about it helps best I found. My strategy was to sleep whenever I got tired, because trying to sleep at set times only upset me, in this way I managed to sleep a few hours through my worst cycles of insomnia. (last year I averaged 3 hours a day)

Still I know it can be the pits, acceptance and sleep when tired, wherever served me best, but still it was still hard, those nights can take forever.

I did learn patience after a few years, that has come in handy time and again, and to get away from stressing about it took me a while to sort out. In some way hardship is a good teacher, it taught me to find my comfort in Christ, that helped best of all remedies, for He brought me peace, and so I learned to sleep again. Sleeping between 5-8 hours lately.

Be Blessed.

Gerry

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks to you all so much. I really appreciate it. I mean it.

Unfortunately for me, right now insomnia equals mania and anxiety! So, I appreciate all your thoughts and helpfull prayers.

I'm hanging on by a thread it feels tonight, but hanging on. Hoping the script writing doc's office will stay true to their word and give me an apt. tomorrow as promised. I am on state assistance, so it's touch and go.

God Bless.

Upvote 0