Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was reading the below from the booklet called: "The Blessings Of Receiving God's Love" What do you think of such a statement?

Today all over America, to one degree or another, devastation occurs in families and individual lives because all of us tend offer human love in our personal relationships. But it is God's love that is the basis of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
Galatians 5:22-23.

I think, these are the character qualities our Lord would have us to have. To me anyone of them is worth more than any price we could ever pay, what about you? Can you imagine a personal relationship between a husband and wife breaking down if these qualities are present? Certainly a teenage child would behave differently in the presence of these qualities.

Many people expend a lot of energy in a great show of human love, but if they are not giving God's love, the relationship breaks down. The result is indifference, quarrels, divorce, teenage rebellion, etc. Only God's love works in this life. If it is not God's love given through His children, it is just not real. And if it is not real, it becomes a show in which it is the play actors.

People everywhere spend much of their time and energy starring in a play written and directed by themselves. The play is generally about giving and receiving love-human love. The reason humanity gives and receives human love is because most people have not received God's love-we can not give something we do not have.

It is vital in all of our lives that we receive God's love so that we can love Him back and love those around us with His love. If you are a Christian, the fact that God gives you His love is not new to you. What may be new is that you have to accept it (receive it) or it will not become yours.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was reading the below from the booklet called: "The Blessings Of Receiving God's Love" What do you think of such a statement?

Today all over America, to one degree or another, devastation occurs in families and individual lives because all of us tend offer human love in our personal relationships. But it is God's love that is the basis of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control

I think, these are the character qualities our Lord would have us to have. To me anyone of them is worth more than any price we could ever pay, what about you? Can you imagine a personal relationship between a husband and wife breaking down if these qualities are present? Certainly a teenage child would behave differently in the presence of these qualities.

Many people expend a lot of energy in a great show of human love, but if they are not giving God's love, the relationship breaks down. The result is indifference, quarrels, divorce, teenage rebellion, etc. Only God's love works in this life. If it is not God's love given through His children, it is just not real. And if it is not real, it becomes a show in which it is the play actors.

People everywhere spend much of their time and energy starring in a play written and directed by themselves. The play is generally about giving and receiving love-human love. The reason humanity gives and receives human love is because most people have not received God's love-we can not give something we do not have.

It is vital in all of our lives that we receive God's love so that we can love Him back and love those around us with His love. If you are a Christian, the fact that God gives you His love is not new to you. What may be new is that you have to accept it (receive it) or it will not become yours.
Actually showing the fruit of the Spirit is the evidence of a genuine believer in Christ. We may not be able to show it perfectly all the time, but if the fruit of the Spirit is the foundation of our character, then we can know that we are walking in the Spirit.

God gave us His love by filling us with the Spirit to live inside of us to help us walk in the Spirit from day to day.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Amen. Glory to God.

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Amen

• Agree
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually showing the fruit of the Spirit is the evidence of a genuine believer in Christ. We may not be able to show it perfectly all the time, but if the fruit of the Spirit is the foundation of our character, then we can know that we are walking in the Spirit.

God gave us His love by filling us with the Spirit to live inside of us to help us walk in the Spirit from day to day.
Amen

Upvote 0