✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
What i
..it's for two lesbians. I'm the uncle of one. I don't feel comfortable going & likely won't but to be sure I could use some feedback here. I don't judge her & mean no disrespect to her but I can't honor & celebrate what goes against my beliefs. She may be a little hurt but her mom/my sister will be very upset. The idea of going just gives me a bad feeling & it won't be the first time my sister & I disagreed over different values. Any reason I should go? Thx.
What if you politely decline but send a card and a generous gift. That way you don’t compromise your gay stance, and also show graciousness and love.

Upvote 0

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember going to a wedding years ago. It was a marriage between two people who followed a different faith to my own. I was able to put aside my own views and feelings, and to see the people involved as being more important than the ceremony. They know fully well that I am a Christian and have my own personal beliefs, but instead of being remembered as someone who acted s, I will be remembered as someone who was there for them at an important time in their life. That is the hallmark of true friendship.

Imagine if I was getting married and I had a lifelong friend who was an atheist who had a problem with attending a wedding in my church. Naturally, I would be very hurt that such a close friend could not spare merely one hour of their life to put aside their views and opinions, so that they could be there for me on my special day.

I think the litmus test is how we ourselves would feel if another person treated us in the same way.

I see your point in a way, yet we´re not here to cater and be pleasing man. It´s not judgemental in the true sense (when looking at this specific thread) because sin is sin. A woman-woman "wedding" is not a wedding. It's something else, the scriptures are very clear on this, therefore we shouldn´t compromise and "go with" with what people might feel or think if it´s crystal clear from Christ's point of view. Stand firm in the faith - Even when opposition arises.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0