Receive the Holy Spirit and the Blood Once or Continually?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It isn’t just grape juice. It is truly the body and blood of Christ (John 6). To consider it to be “just” grape juice or “just” bread is foreign to the early church and through Christianity up until very recent teachings in some Christian groups.
That is why I mentioned the bread of life and blood of Jesus.

I took communion many times as a Catholic.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is why I mentioned the bread of life and blood of Jesus.

I took communion many times as a Catholic.
It is a very special thing to me now. I haven’t been Orthodox my entire life, and my previous church did not believe that it truly is the body and blood of Christ - we were taught that it was essentially just a memorial. Now that I have participated in it with that understanding- it is really important to me :)

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In scripture we read of receiving the Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus. We receive salvation once and are once sealed with the Spirit, then we surrender often and bear the fruit of the Spirit. But we can drink living water, receive fire, oil, bread, light and love... According to scripture, do we receive the blessing of the Spirit once or or again and again continually? And also the blood of Christ, many times of just once?

You are saved by the Blood Atonement, that is "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross"

The HS comes along with Jesus, and God, to live in the "temple of the Holy Spirit", which is the believer, who is "the body of Christ".

How many times does this happen so that you are placed in the family of God and kept for eternity?

Just as many times as you are born again. = 1

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You are saved by the Blood Atonement, that is "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross"

The HS comes along with Jesus, and God, to live in the "temple of the Holy Spirit", which is the believer, who is "the body of Christ".

How many times does this happen so that you are placed in the family of God and kept for eternity?

Just as many times as you are born again. = 1
The word atonement means that the believer is covered. That is like painted. Everyone who lives is potentially atoned by Christ's sacred blood.

Upvote 0